What's the difference?

• Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cant find what the difference between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements is... its there any differences at all?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RJ-Toxicity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Lodi, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you can get Photoshop 7 for anything close to the price of Elements 2 then definitely snap it up! For digital scrapbooking purposes Photoshop 7 is pretty much as good as Photoshop CS -- there are a couple of extra twiddly bits in CS but you're not likely to miss them. There's not really a single main difference between Elements and full Photoshop (although I think you can't do layer masks in Elements? If so then I'd single that out as the most important of many significant differences), just a whole lot more flexibility and range of what you can do in Photoshop.

However if you are still going to have to pay a lot for Photoshop 7 compared with Elements, then you'll probably find Elements will do most of what you want, particularly if you're new to that type of program. It's a cost-benefit assessment, really. I have heard that Elements 3 is either out or about to come out, though, so you may want to hold back for a few weeks rather than buy Elements 2 now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts