What's the teqnik/tool to use to get this effect on a photo?

• Bootable
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glossy and nice. Can GIMP or Photoshop do this?

http://www.madonna.com/madonna/indexHtml.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

what effect? That URL comes up, fires a popup, and the popup has a different image in it each time it loads.
  • Bootable
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wasnt referring to the popup.
To rephrase my question. ...

How do you make an image to look high-gloss? What GIMP or Photoshop tool to use to make an image/pic to look high-gloss like the madonna pic as an example. The pic was obviously retouched/photoshopped.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure what you mean by making it look "high gloss".

Could you give a link to a specific image showing what you mean?
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

if its the homepage of that site???? nothing special i dont think, just some good lighting
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, that's what I was saying the "Homepage" (the popup window that comes up), the image is different every time you load it. It pulls one from a random selection.

They all have different effects and with some of them, like you said dr01d, it's good lighting, along with a good camera.

I'll guarantee pretty much any of those main index photos were taken with a camera + lens combo that cost at least 4 or 5 grand - of course, with the artifacts with crappy JPG compression they might as well be shot with a $10 walmart digital P&S.

Whoever did that site really does not know how to post-process (or just didn't care). Like this image..

http://www.madonna.com/madonna/images/home/home_bg_6.jpg

The photo of Madonna is so ugly and grainy, that the JPG compression just magnifies these image defects. Compared to the nice smooth transition of colour & shading in the background effects, the photograph looks terrible.

Anyways, whatever effect you're going for, you want to start off with as high quality source photographs as you can. SOME lighting effects can be added in post-process, but no amount of post-processing will fix a badly composed, badly lit image taken at high ISO on a bad digital camera. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts