What do you think about this technology?

• sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

Impel GD wrote:
Does it visually mutate in real time?

Correct.
Quote:
I can think of quite a few chaoscope, xenodream, apophysis, and ultra fractal users who'd really go for this kind of thing.

The approaches are different. I can say - I create DNA of the picture instead of completed picture. In other words I make idea and an esthetics of the picture. It resembles the real world - all people have the same DNA but all we are different because each DNA has small variations. The view of the picture is unpredictable, but common stylistics is constant FOR ONE PICTURE. Other dynamic picture will have different view as well as other concept. It's not easy to explain but look at the galleries on my site. For instance gallery#3 is one picture. Gallery#2 is other one etc. I think you will see the difference.

Quote:
Is the technology behind dynamic painting something that you will be making commercially available, something that you would license to individuals?

I'm not a businessman... This is a problem. The development is basically finished but I have no idea what I should do with it...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't have to be a businessman. There are plenty of individual developers selling their own software. Just get a third party to handle sales for you, something reputable like Kagi. Try microISV for all sorts of relevant resources.

Sure, it helps to have some business savvy, but these days, with the resources available, from third parties providing very specific services to friendly and knowledgeable online communities, you can focus on your strengths.

- Gita
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
There are plenty of individual developers selling their own software.

Thank you, Gita but I do not plan to sell software. The dynamic picture is not a program - it's rather device... As well as a traditional picture is not only a frame with canvas. The dynamic picture can be a good only as a whole product.

Also probably I can sell a content. I mean TIFF files in the resolution 6700x9300 pixels. It allows to print picture up to 24"x32". The buyers can edit or scale the image themselves and print it in any print shop. I didn't see similar offers on the Internet. What do you think - whether has it sense?
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't buy content. But I would be interested in the technology enabling me to create my own. It's just two different target demographics, it doesn't mean no one would be interested in purchasing your content. But this is a forum frequented by creators of content. It exists for us to help each other do so. If your objective is to sell your content, you're likely in the wrong place.

- Gita
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
If your objective is to sell your content, you're likely in the wrong place.

As I already write here many times - I sell nothing at the moment. You gave me advice how I can sell software. I've answered - I can't sell the soft because dynamic picture is a device (hardware+soft+textures etc.).

But if you wish to make dynamic pictures too - it's OK. I can help you. But you should understand, that I can explain only principles as YOU can make it. Dynamic painting is a kind of Art therefore I cannot give you the finished device which will produce the content because, in this case, it will be MY content but not yours. I will help but you should make your dynamic picture themselves.
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

Impel GD wrote:
Does it visually mutate in real time?

Correct.

P.S. Look at couple of my recent works: http://www.sanbase.com/art/samples.html
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds fascinating sanbase, I remember seeing something similar years ago, but this is a lot more polished. (I can't even find the link now.)
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you happen to come to Montreal end this month, I am pleased to invite you to visit Gallerie Gora at 279 Sherbrooke Ouest St. A full-size dynamic picture will be put on exposition in the gallery on February 14 - March 3, 2007. This time it will be provided with a 30" display 2560x1600. I hope, you will enjoy it.

Yours, San Base

Samples here: http://www.sanbase.com/art/
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi again San Base, still on the case eh? :D

This new work is a lot more sophisticated - almost baroque!? I won't be in Montreal in the near future unfortunately, best of luck though.

As an aside, I just re-read this thread, what an appalling reception this chap got the last time. Ozzu is not always friendly I think.
  • RUDOLF LOBO
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: U.A.E

Post 3+ Months Ago

You all keep talking
Sanbase I all ready saved all your confused images
Printing one by one
Sold 2 of them for some peanuts but money is coming
Thanks sanbase -good luck
  • SuprSonic5
  • Student
  • Student
  • SuprSonic5
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not exactly my taste in art but interesting either way.
  • cjxxi
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • cjxxi
  • Loc: Fort Worth, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

you mean it can move?
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

cjxxi wrote:
you mean it can move?

Yes. The picture is changing and developing with time. Look at the gallery#10 (http://www.sanbase.com/art/gallery10.php It is ONE picture at the different moments.
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

//image too big

Love
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you stilll spamming this. God why don't I just delete you. You are one lucky person
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Are you stilll spamming this. God why don't I just delete you. You are one lucky person

Every post you have made here is this one post. What do you wish to acccomplish?
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

We're developing a screensaver for Windows (Dynamic Picture) based on a novel computer graphics technology and I'd like to gauge an interest to such project, its coolness factor and if you have any trouble using it.

You'll need a graphics card supporting shader model 2.x or above and at least 128 MB of video memory to run it (e.g. Radeon X800 and GeForce 5x00 or above). Even though the final product will be used as a screensaver, you can launch it from the desktop shortcut for testing. Just keep in mind it's not a final product and just ignore the message about the registration (cancel out of it). Any honest feedback (both positive and negative) would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
San
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is an article about my work in the latest issue of the IEEE Computer Graphics magazine - and my picture on the cover. :)
One more article about my technic is here (tom's hardware):

//link removed.

//image is too wide as per Ozzu rules. I'm not going to tell you this again!

It goes!

Best regards,
San
//link removed
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

All you've done since arriving here is spam. I'm not sure why you are still around to be honest.

Topic locked.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 49 posts