What do you think about this technology?

• sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to discuss scopes of the dynamic painting.
For example this is of one of instances of the dynamic picture "Alternative Reality":

//image too wide

More info you can find here:http://www.sanbase.com

some info:
Dynamic Painting is a computer technology assisting an artist to create images on a computer screen (it's 100% digital, of course) Using this approach it possible create pictures which are not stat.ic, but dynamic. They are changing and developing themselves as time goes. Being a fusion of fine art and computer technologies, it is an extremely attractive non-stop show.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

So what you are saying is that the picture moves, randomly? Thats neato, if it does.
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

The link isn't working for me.
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II wrote:
So what you are saying is that the picture moves, randomly? Thats neato, if it does.

The picture created on fly. Look at the gallery3 for instance: http://www.sanbase.com/art/gallery3.html - all these pictures is ONE dynamic picture at various moments of time. But as you can see the common stylistics are constant because it is the same picture.

Sorry, it was misprint. The link is: http://www.sanbase.com
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally I don't like abstract art. Random or intentional.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

So an artist draws one abstract, and a computer synthesizes the rest?

Im not sure I understand it correctly.

Neat, but one wonders if the synthesized images would actually be considered art.
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Personally I don't like abstract art. Random or intentional.

I'm not sure that it is abstract. IMHO: Abstract is Kandinsky, Pollock etc. Look at this one, for example:

//image too wide.

Is it looks like an abstract painting? I don't think so.

Quote:
So an artist draws one abstract, and a computer synthesizes the rest?
Not at all. The artist creates the esthetic approach and the basic principles of creation of a picture, and then the computer, based on that, creates millions of variations of the subject.
Quote:
Neat, but one wonders if the synthesized images would actually be
considered art.
I think it's Art, why not? Computer cannot 'syntesize' something without a human. Order to your computer - "Create a picture!" :D
The computer is just the means. An artist has his tools - brushes, a sculptor – a chisel. I create paintings, and the computer just displays them. Off course, I do not generate the infinite number of all possible combinations and permutations. I generate the initial color palettes and forms (approximately 1,000 of initial images are done manually). Furthermore, I create the program, which transforms colors and shapes. In other words, I prescribe its future behavior. After that, the painting begins to live on it own. It's like DNA. I create DNA of the picture instead of completed picture.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how these images can make your eyes look at it in different ways. To me that is Abstract, but i guess it is just a matter of opinion.

A photo i took last year is a perfect example of Abstract art. Click Here to see the Photo.

I think they are really neat pieces of work. Well done.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand your point, and Im sure we would have many different opinions on this.

Quote:
An artist has his tools - brushes, a sculptor – a chisel

However, those tools don't use themselves to create a work. With the absense of human input it just seems synthetic to me.

Its not to say that it isn't good, it just lacks a human element to it. A synthetic Diamond still looks like a diamond to an untrained eye.

Even if the artist programmed the software to make a piece 100% the way he wanted it to, but was not there actually to create the image - Id have to think there is something missing. The human element.

Its an interesting argument.
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac wrote:
IEven if the artist programmed the software to make a piece 100% the way he wanted it to, but was not there actually to create the image - Id have to think there is something missing. The human element.
Its an interesting argument.

OK. This is Art WITH human element:

//image too wide

You are ready to pay for this masterpiece $11,000,000? No? Well, you wish to pay $100 and to hang up this picture on YOUR wall?.. I do not think so...

OK, Dynamic painting is not Art. It is an element of design. Why not? The question is: what it is more preferable for you - the Rotho masterpiece or a dynamic picture which varies all time?
For instance this one:

//image too wide
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't hang your picture on my wall :lol:
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
I wouldn't hang your picture on my wall :lol:

Yes, that is because you have a shiny new apartment which will be full of pictures handed to you by your family etc etc :wink:
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
I wouldn't hang your picture on my wall

No problem, 613flavah! Thanks God we live in a free country! :)
By the way:
Quote:
wee, I have a blog now!
http://613flavah.blogspot.com
- it's spam!
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

sanbase wrote:
By the way:
Quote:
wee, I have a blog now!
http://613flavah.blogspot.com
- it's spam!

Not exactly sanbase:

http://www.ozzu.com/announcements-rules/ozzu-rules-and-regulations-t697.html

Take your time and read our signature rules.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

sanbase, if you'd READ THE RULES and pay attention, my blog reference IS IN MY SIGNATURE as per the rules. Thanks for coming out!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

sanbase wrote:

OK, Dynamic painting is not Art. It is an element of design. Why not? The question is: what it is more preferable for you - the Rotho masterpiece or a dynamic picture which varies all time?

Well, whatever you call it, I'm not impressed. I'm basically with flavah. Personally I don't like your's or the Rotho masterpiece. But I suppose that's the way it is with art. Extremely subjective.
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Well, whatever you call it, I'm not impressed. I'm basically with flavah. Personally I don't like your's or the Rotho masterpiece. But I suppose that's the way it is with art. Extremely subjective.

The goal of my message is not to pay attention to MY OWN art. My purpose - to pay attention to the new TECHNOLOGY . I suppose that I'm not too talented artist. Maybe. But someone other can make excellent pictures using this technology.

P.S.
You did not see my works. You saw only STATIC images. :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understood you quite clearly. I'm not impressed with the technology either. I was actually tempted to remove this post a couple times because in reality all it is is a nicely covered up sales pitch.
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I understood you quite clearly. I'm not impressed with the technology either. I was actually tempted to remove this post a couple times because in reality all it is is a nicely covered up sales pitch.

I not a seller. I have no company. I'm a private person. I do not sell technology. Do you want to get it for free? - ask me.
If it is your own forum - you can remove this post. You are supermoderator, you have this power. But I thought it is forum for artists and designers. This is "Digital Art" thread.
And If you wish to tell to me something - why you use the main thread? Send me a private message.

I think you should remove all yours and my posts because it interested only for you and me. But the subject can interest other people here.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

sanbase wrote:
I not a seller. I have no company. I'm a private person. I do not sell technology. Do you want to get it for free? - ask me.

Why do you sell it for $24.99 on your website then?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL owned!
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:

The thing is that, the size of this program is about 200MB, therefore I should send CD by mail. But I cannot do it for my own expenses. I think, that 2.5 cents/image is not too expensive. In any case it's not my business, belive me.

It is the instance of other dynamic picture. Looks more traditionally:
You can see, that the stylistics and a plot of this picture and the previous ones are absolutely different.

http://www.sanbase.com/art/img/x396.jpg

//mod edit: PLEASE STOP POSTING SUCH LARGE IMAGES INLINE!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

sanbase wrote:
Bigwebmaster wrote:

The thing is that, the size of this program is about 200MB, therefore I should send CD by mail. But I cannot do it for my own expenses. I think, that 2.5 cents/image is not too expensive.

Okay I can understand there is an expense to put it on a cd and send it via mail. CDs cost around 20 cents I think, and to mail it probably costs less than a buck. So selling it for $24.99 means there is quite a bit of profit on each one. So who is receiving that profit? Are you donating it to a great cause? Such as the Sanbase foundation?
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Okay I can understand there is an expense to put it on a cd and send it via mail. CDs cost around 20 cents I think, and to mail it probably costs less than a buck. So selling it for $24.99 means there is quite a bit of profit on each one. So who is receiving that profit? Are you donating it to a great cause? Such as the Sanbase foundation?

Could you copy CD for me for free? + envelopes (special for CD) + stamps (for instance in China, Australia etc.). OK? All profit will be yours. :)
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not try to make a representation of the three-dimensional world, I draw a picture like artists do. It is a different approach in comparison with a standard 3D application. It may not be as realistic, but my goal was not a realistic image. My purpose was to make the image meaningful, emotional, but at the same time abstract.

I have made it for my daughter, for example:
http://www.sanbase.com/art/img/x398.jpg
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

sanbase wrote:
I do not try to make a representation of the three-dimensional world, I draw a picture like artists do. It is a different approach in comparison with a standard 3D application. It may not be as realistic, but my goal was not a realistic image. My purpose was to make the image meaningful, emotional, but at the same time abstract.

I have made it for my daughter, for example:
http://www.sanbase.com/art/img/x398.jpg

So in other words you wrote the program and are trying to sell it?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I still don't understand why you joined ozzu just to post this? What is your main message? I don't understand the meaning behind this thread...
  • sanbase
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sanbase

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
So in other words you wrote the program and are trying to sell it?
No. The program is not for sale.
I wish to find people whom interests this technique. I do not intend to make a secret of this technology; I am ready to share it with talented folks. But they must possess two talents: the depictive skill and computer programming. I am not saying there are no such people, I myself am an artist and computer programmer, but I do know other people with the same combination of skills. I try to find them.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

How very odd. sanbase, I tried to respond to this message when it was first posted in the General Discussion forum, but the thread was moved and then it disappeared. This was a few days ago, I think. And now, it's back. Hrm.

Anyway. Regardless of your motivation for posting on this forum, regardless of what people think about your personal work, the technology is something I find amazing and fascinating. I can think of quite a few chaoscope, xenodream, apophysis, and ultra fractal users who'd really go for this kind of thing. Is the technology behind dynamic painting something that you will be making commercially available, something that you would license to individuals? I think that it would really fit in well with the fractal/flame artist community.

To have a constantly mutating, evolving work displayed on a plasma screen hanging on my wall would be amazing. How automated is the process? Do you just start with one of your pieces and let it go? Can you alter any parameters to affect the outcome? Can you keep a visual log of a piece's evolution, so that you can easily recall how it looked, say, a week ago?

- Gita
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does it visually mutate in real time?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland