What Do You Think of My New Logo ???

• Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys.
Just wanting your opinion on my new website logo im goin to use in my new site design.

http://www.fitness4living.co.uk/images/ ... nglogo.gif
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

any opinions??
  • Hades
  • Hades
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

It tells me fitness, but i don't see fitness
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

It doesn't look professional. It looks like an amatuer got carried away in photoshop.

Try to stick to the same colors etc. and don't apply too many effects...you end up with a gaudy result.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

is there any sites you recommend that make a professional looking logo for free?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could always ask somebody nicely and see if they will do it for you for free (of perhaps add some sort of incentive) :wink:
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try learning Photoshop or such instead of going to Flaming Text ( http://flamingtext.com/net-fu/forms/starscape-logo.html ) and just making one automatically. It will give you better and more unique results.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definatly go with photoshop. My sig i have now just took me (not joking here) about 2 minutes to do. I myself have very little knowledge on Photoshop.

Cant go wrong with that, and as TomK said it will provide you with more unique results if you did it on Photoshop or some other graphic program.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks il give it a try tonight
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fitness4Living wrote:
is there any sites you recommend that make a professional looking logo for free?

I don't think anyone in their right mind would do this unless its a friend or a starving designer trying to build a portfolio.....
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

exactly. logos and identities are a lot of work for variations, color combos, typo, etc. Most logo work is going to run about $500+ per identity package, so think about what you're asking for free now.

• Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm i suppose, but ive only just started and my current website balance is $9 so i need to go economy *lol
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, just because it will mean I am not in my right mind, I will design you a logo and email it to you in a while. :)

\\Edit: For anybody to cares to take a look, here is a smaller view: (click for larger view).

• Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks very much truce, thanks for the taking the time to do this for me. I will certainly consider using it in my redesing.
Thanks again!!
(Hes such a great guy!!)
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice work Truce.

A logo, 9 times out of 10 is and should be a pictorial image. It's purpose is to help people remember who you are when they can't remember your name or slogan. They are also used to save space when your name is a printing inconvienence. (<<Did i spell that right? oh, well) Anyway, a logo should be easy to draw without the need for computer enhancement and it should be a solid color. Later, if you would like to enhance you logo for color ads and such you can. But, for things like newspaper ads, flyers, etc. that will be in black in white, glowing enhancements will not show up well and will distort your logo, thereby defeating it's purpose.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce

Post 3+ Months Ago

Origin, Look at Microsoft, Yahoo, MSN, DeWalt, Adobe, Flickr, Ozzu, Dynex, Wacom, Sony, and Dazzle to name a few. They all either have lettering incorporated into their logo and/or have something other than a plain image. <b>Some</b> companies prefer to have a pictoral representation as well, but as far as a starting business goes, I wouldn't worry about it. Most pictoral logos I know of have developed with the company, and not upon creation/foundation of it.
  • jjackson02
  • jjackson02
  • Loc: Florida, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was done at http://www.cooltext.com correct?
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

my one was, yes
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce, you are absolutly right. Everyone of those companies does "have lettering INCORPORATED INTO their logo and/or have something other than a plain image." However, everyone of those companies also has a logo without text that you will recognize anywhere and on anything. If you were to remove the text from your logo you would have nothing. If the logo you designed needed to be printed really small the text would become unreadable to the naked eye. Like you said, "if your just starting a business then maybe a logo is not a major priority, but if you are going to have one, then why not do it right the first time?
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea good point, having a good logo from the start is important. If youhave a half decent logo which you use for a year and then get a snazzy new one then people will take time to get used to it. You want to develop an "image" of your site and the logo is a key part of that I supppose.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts