Photoshop on a Tablet PC ?

• 8XiossoiX8
  • 8XiossoiX8

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ive been using photoshop on my desktop PC with a graphics tablet for a mouse.

ive had a look around on the internet and i quite like the look of the FUJITSU STYLISTIC ST5022D
its in my price range and its powerfull enough to run my licenced photoshop CS2.
(wish i could afford cs5)

anyway, just curious if anyone on here has used a tablet before and what do you think of them for photoshop work?

:-)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Anastasiy
  • Born
  • Born
  • Anastasiy
  • Loc: Creative Suite

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes! I work in Photoshop on Tablet PC (Lenovo X61). It's a hard thing, but it's possible. You'll need some extensions to Photoshop and also a good spare of time to tune all the interface to make it really work without a keyboard. The biggest problems are
1) Tuning shortcuts to work with your tablet buttons
2) Tuning color picker and other panels
3) Learn learn learn

Good luck!
  • Gyroscope
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gyroscope

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also think about buying a Tablet PC. What kind of configuration of Photoshop can you recommend and what do you mean - "Tuning color picker and other panels"?
  • 8XiossoiX8
  • 8XiossoiX8

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, ive had mine for a bit now and i must say, it is MILES easier to cutout with it. also the pressure sensitive pen lets you do some amazing things as well.

i see what you mean by sorting out the panels. i have arranged them into the drop down box at the top and im only using layers, colour, navigater and brushes.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just make very sure to not allow the exhaust port be blocked as the CPU and chip-set run hot to begin with.

Blocking that port even partially can ramp up the internal temperatures very quickly and cause some unfortunate damage.

And using the Stylistic for anything graphically intensive is REALLY going to strain the on-board graphics chip and exacerbate the cooling issue.

I have two older Stylistics sitting in a box, whose exhaust fans were not up to the task of keeping the CPU, chipset and on-board gpu chips cool.

Granted, they were the older 3400 models, but I was only running PS 6.

Just an opinion, eh :-]
  • 8XiossoiX8
  • 8XiossoiX8

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the warning, i only keep it on maybe 3 or 4 hours every few days. ive also just bought a cooling tray for it as well.

had it for three weeks running photoshop CS2 with a few downloaded styles and brushes.

works a dream, im not doing anything graphically challenging with it. no animation. just simple photo edits.

I really do love it :-D
lol
:-)
  • dellx
  • dellx

Post 3+ Months Ago

id rather use my keyboard with my left hand while i draw with the right. Im never letting go off ctrl+z :D :D :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts