your thoughts on some gfx

• DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

been working on some 3d for my homepage and ive been looking at it way too long, just looking for some feedback from some fresh eyes ;-)

things that seem to be buggin me are the colours. too rich, saturated etc. look too overdone??? feedback appreciated thanx

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

No way! NO WAY!!! Droid!!! What program did you use man! That is just fantastic! Not quite sure what you are trying to acheive, but as an attention grabber, I think it is simple fantastic. Wow. I am simply floored. That's it I need to shut up before I embarass myself. I think it's just great in all honesty.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

illustrator for the gfx on the can, lightwave 3d for the can modelling/rendering and photoshop for the manipulation.

just a marketing angle ;-)

i was keen to get some thoughts on the colouring and lighting, have i gone too far with the blurring etc. i look at it i like it, i look at it i dont. don't know what to make of it ;-)
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL I understand the dilemma :D. While I was inspecting It I was considering if It was blurred too much. But when you think about, It softens it up a bit especially with the bright colors, I don't think you want the edges too sharp. If you mess around with it too much more I think it will get messed up. It's at the point that MAYBE a little less and it would still be ok, any more and you've ruined it. my advice? Quit while your ahead LOL :lol:
  • ThATKiD
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: somewere over there

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats crazy just crazy great job man wow
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

wasnt happy with the lighting and texturing so heres an update. think it looks much better. ive changed a few things and going to rework the can design and i have some cool ideas for animation/sfx too.

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Lord you scare me sometimes Droid!! That looks just as good!! I would out some designs or labels on the cans though. Otherwise the image isn't exciting enough. Sounds like you have all that in the works though. Looking forward to the finish!! :D
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

he's going to, just hasn't yet. btw, this is simply amazing, awesome render job here along with the editing after, everything is just perfect looking..
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanx guys, like darkermoon said it will have labels which i am going to animate on the side as well as animating the cans. if i can get it out of my mind and onto the screen it should look pretty cool. nothing too over the top ;-) im also liking the aluminium look so i might have a bit more of that showing through the design as well.

also workin on a mini fridge idea for the hosting side of things.

will put on updates as i go for those interested.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, how did I miss this. Superb graphics DR01D!
:thumbsup:

I can't wait to see where all this goes.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ta, i was thinking i could do one of those development diary things where i go through the design process for people to see how im doing it ?????
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have broken my Jelousy-o-metre DR0ID!

Thanks! :roll:
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

DR01D wrote:
ta, i was thinking i could do one of those development diary things where i go through the design process for people to see how im doing it ?????

sounds absolutely awesome.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ive set up another thread for the development process of the site that has heaps more info and updates.

http://www.ozzu.com/website-design-forum/design-process-working-progress-website-t40157.html

also if the mods could now lock this that would be appreciated. ;-)
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

*jaw drops* dude, you're going to be world famous. I hardly even know why I bother messing with this stuff when I see something that amazing but then, the other half of me want to keep trying and maybe someday I'll be half as good as that.
  • Vinyl
  • Vinyl

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good to me, almost like the real thing.you said that the color is bothering you, i think its awesome...
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts