Absolute URL path on XML reference file

• c0rpz
  • Loc: Perú

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi, i have a Menu that loads external XML data (menu option names and url links), well i put in the server, but i have a lot of pages and some are in different folders, so, if i load the XML from the root, it can´t work when i load a link into a folder cause of the XML location, one solution i take was placing the XML into every place i needed to load from, but it´s a lot of work when updating data. The other way i take was placing XML in a server "store" folder and in the flash file put the path as: myXML.load("/store/xml/wv_menu.xml");

ithe menu works fine, the options names are loaded but the URL links don´t work, instead of that i place in XML file a full path URL like:
URL="http://www.google.com/"

but this don´t work.. what else i can do? there´s some way to make AS tell a unique source of the XML file from where it can be loaded by all the pages in the site ..? :?: :?:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rynoe
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have a great answer for you but since you haven't gotten a response I' just like to mention that in my understanding the xml HAS to be in the same file as any swf on the server........

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts