• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Got this in email over the weekend.

Quote:
Dear ActionScript.org Users,

As you may have heard ActionScript.org was recently attacked by hackers gained access to our databases and erased some content from the web site. As a result, you may have experienced issues with accessing the site in recent days.

Much of the erased data has since been recovered, and the site is once again up and running. Unfortunately, some Forum posts from recent weeks were permanently lost. While the posts lost represent only a small percentage of the site's content, you may find that some links from search engines are now broken, and some of your own posts no longer exist. Unfortunately this lost content cannot be recovered.

During the attack information in your ActionScript.org accounts may have been exposed (e.g. your encrypted Forums password). You may wish to change your ActionScript.org passwords, and other associated passwords, as a security precaution. You can use these links to change the password for your ActionScript.org Forums Account <http://www.actionscript.org/forums/profile.php3?do=editprofile>
, ActionScript.org Employment Account
<http://www.actionscript.org/employment/login.php>
, or ActionScript.org Author Account
<http://www.actionscript.org/resources/admin/>
. ActionScript.org does not store any credit card or banking details in our databases.

This attack has affected the community deeply, and we are greatly saddened by the loss of some valuable information from the Forums. We sincerely hope that these circumstances do not cause you inconvenience, and we will continue to take every precaution to protect the site from similar attacks in the future.

If you have any questions about this situation, please feel free to contact us via email (staff@actionscript.org <mailto:staff@actionscript.org>
) and we will respond ASAP.

Thank you for your participation in the ActionScript.org Community.
With your help we can continue to build the site as a great source of free knowledge for the Flash Community worldwide.

Regards,

ActionScript.org Staff
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm surprised they lost that much information. I would think a website like that would keep daily backups.

I didn't read anything in the letter that stated how the hacker gained access, or at least if they took care of the security leak. I wonder if they found it yet.
  • D-Studios
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am shocked...ActionScript.org hacked? I knew this day would come(I was not part of it) but I thought that because ActionScript is so huge, I thought that it would be more defended. Hmmm, I guessed wrong.
:(

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts