align top / bring to front

• jonhudon
  • Born
  • Born
  • jonhudon
  • Loc: Ottawa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a wackload of buttons in a row that look like documents. When you hover over one there is a large square that appears with text for the user to read. The large square shows up behind the lineup of small buttons.
My question is How do i make it so that when i hover over one of the buttons that specific button is then aligned to front. thus it would make it so that it is the only button that will be on top of the large square.

So again all i need to know is if there is a way to bring the button to the FRONT or TOP on ROLL_OVER ?

If there is a way i can do it on the first frame of the timeline that would be better than having code on every button.. well i guess i would have to change the buttons to movie clips if it cant be put on the first frame because you cant put as on a button. arg. yea so maybe on the first frame using some kind of naming convention like butt1 butt2 butt 3..?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• arakno
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Lisboa

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi jonhudon, try to create a movieclip on the library and attach it at runtime with attachMovie("instanceName", "newName", this.getNextHighestDepth());
  • krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

swapDepths will move clips up and down in depth.

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/actions ... pdepth.htm
  • jonhudon
  • Born
  • Born
  • jonhudon
  • Loc: Ottawa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought swapDepths was removed in as3 witch is what i am using.

try to create a movieclip on the library and attach it at runtime with attachMovie("instanceName", "newName", this.getNextHighestDepth());

This is really gibberish to me unfortunately I am not very good with as. attach at "runtime" ? I dont really understand that
  • krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/quick ... ngingDepth

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts