• Adam Burnell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Adam Burnell
  • Loc: Melbourne

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone,

Has anyone ever had a problem with aplha settings like this:

I am applying an alpha transparency to a graphic with a tween from 0% (frame 1) to 100% (frame 3) for example. Even though I can see it working in the fla, when I export to swf nothing shows at all - I can not see the alpha tween working or the graphic associated with it.

?

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does the preview show the graphic as 0% or 100% when you test this? Generally 3 frames isn't enough time to see a tween happen. Try increasing the number of frames from say 0 to 25 and see if you see anything happen.

Think of the flash timeline like a flip book. if you only have 3 pages the action on the pages has to jump a really long way between states but if you have a 100 page flip book there is very little difference from page to page but motion appears to happen over all 100 pages.
  • Adam Burnell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Adam Burnell
  • Loc: Melbourne

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, the frame 1 to 3 was an example, the tween takes place over something more like 10 frames.

Currently if I use the alpha setting below 100% anywhere within the tween I see absolutely nothing when I preview it as a swf.

Never seen this problem before, possibly a settings issue?

Thanks.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahh sorry had to be clear.

Try making the graphic a movieclip and then tween the movieclip alpha instead. I don't use timeline animation very often but if I remember right things set as graphics behave a little differently than movieclips and may not get all the same properties.
  • jeffreykarbowski
  • Born
  • Born
  • jeffreykarbowski

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adam Burnell wrote:
Hey everyone,

Has anyone ever had a problem with aplha settings like this:

I am applying an alpha transparency to a graphic with a tween from 0% (frame 1) to 100% (frame 3) for example. Even though I can see it working in the fla, when I export to swf nothing shows at all - I can not see the alpha tween working or the graphic associated with it.

?

Thanks.

Hi, I am having the exact same problem and I have been using movieclips. This sucks, the masks are doing the same thing, viewing fine on the timeline, but nothing when I export movie. [/quote]
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

can you upload your fla somewhere to see your problem?
  • stev_ro
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use as instead of timeline tweening....
Code: [ Select ]
import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.*;
your_btn.onPress = function() {
  var Tween1:Tween = new Tween(your_mc, "_alpha", Strong.easeOut, 100, 0, .5, true);
}
  1. import mx.transitions.Tween;
  2. import mx.transitions.easing.*;
  3. your_btn.onPress = function() {
  4.   var Tween1:Tween = new Tween(your_mc, "_alpha", Strong.easeOut, 100, 0, .5, true);
  5. }

this happens when you press a btn...if you don't use btns then replace your_btn.onPress with onEnterFrame();
  • adrosal
  • Born
  • Born
  • adrosal

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was googling this very problem, when I came across this post.

I don't know if this will help you, but I had a similar problem:

I was doing a flash banner ad where I wanted text to go from 0 to 100 alpha, sit for 3 seconds, then go from 100 alpha back to 0, while a second text bit went from 0 to 100 alpha, ran for 3 seconds, went from 100 alpha back to 0, etc, in a loop comprised of three "text bits".

Everything worked fine except for the first text bit. It came in at 100 alpha, no matter what I did. All the other transitions worked fine.

How did I fix it? Not very elegant solution, but I went into the text graphic symbol, selected the text and did a "break apart" on the text until it was a bitmap (ctrl-b twice).

Now it works fine. Not sure if this will help you, but I hope it does, or at least points you in the right direction.
  • Jezzapandd1
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jezzapandd1
  • Loc: Bham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have exactly the same problem, I have had it twice now. COnverting to bitmaps doesn't work for me.
Exactly the same movie worked fine at a friends house, and it doesnt now.
  • hardcoremore
  • Born
  • Born
  • hardcoremore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, i register today just to replay you. I know that this post was long time ago but maybe my reply may be useful to people that my stumble on the same problem.

I SOLVE the problem with FADE affect on text in flash CS3 i don't know if that is on my machine only but you need to do next.

When you create new text convert it to movie clip cauz it wont work
without it. THEN you need to open that movie clip and select all text and select any option except anti-alias for animation and than again select anti-alias for animation this time and he should ASK you if you want to EMBED some STUPID Glyphs. Can F***IN BELIVE it you must embed those to have alpha and anti-alias working properly for text elements in flash.

I don't know why that is not embeded automatically but is so stupid and took me 1 hour to figure it out.AGRRRRRRR......

Hope it will work for you.
All best
  • minoko
  • Born
  • Born
  • minoko

Post 3+ Months Ago

...I was able to make it work by converting the text in the graphic symbol from dynamic to static text.
  • morphilio
  • Born
  • Born
  • morphilio

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the same problem but solved as minoko said. I was trying to make appear a text with an alpha tween motion. I first converted the text in to a graphic the thing is that the text was in "Dynamic Text" mode and apparently had to be a "Static Text" if someone has the same problem just check the text properties by double clicking the graphic or movie clip if converted.
  • oxfordwordbarber
  • Born
  • Born
  • oxfordwordbarber

Post 3+ Months Ago

It took me hours to find this! If you export a flash movie and the text won't alpha, go back to the symbol in the library, select it, and change from input text to static text.

I was going crazy - I was about to write it in Word, print as a pdf, and trim the pdf into a jpeg, but this has saved so much time. Thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts