AS2.0: Object VR in flash with still images

• catalyst
  • Born
  • Born
  • catalyst

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

i've been trying to create this flash movie with an Object VR all damn day and feel like i'm just wasting my time with flash. whatever method i try it just doesnt work.

I have a series of still images (lets say img00.jpg to img08.jpg) representing an object from different points of view (shots taken from around the object). the images are to be played in a quick slideshow and create an illusion of a 3d object rotation. i want to put them in a movieClip in separate keyframes and play the movie through.

The problem arises when i want to control the speed of the movie (with a button which would change the speed on release, for example). I've tried different ways to do this and all of them failed.

Any ideas, links to tutorials, code examples very much appreciated. Thanks in advance (i'm fkn desperate to get any help!).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• catalyst
  • Born
  • Born
  • catalyst

Post 3+ Months Ago

HOLY

F**KING

S**T

its 4:30am and (i think) i got it working! :D

but still, any ideas/suggestions are much appreciated...
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

What did you end up doing? I wasn't aware that you could change the speed of the timeline without skipping frames...
  • catalyst
  • Born
  • Born
  • catalyst

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, i just slow down the animation - i put a "wait" time in each frame to make the playhead stop for a moment before it goes to the next frame. the problem for me was to control for how long it would stop. the function which caused the stop took the wait time as an argument, but i had no idea how to change that time with a simple button. i'd put a declaration of a variable in the first frame of the main movie, like:
var waitTime=0;
but then, even if i change the value of the variable with a button, it would get reset every time the main movie playhead would go back to this first frame of the main movie (and read the var waitTime=0; declaration again).

what i eventually did, was put the declaration in the first frame of the main movie and then stop the playback of the main movie in the second frame (so the playhead doesnt go back to the first frame and read the variable value again) and put the proper animation WITH the speed control button inside a submovie.

hope i didnt make the explanation too confusing :)
  • photospherix
  • Born
  • Born
  • photospherix
  • Loc: Beech Grove, Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might take a look at these guys. They have created a great flash based object vr player. http://gardengnomesoftware.com/

We have stopped working on our player and started using the object2vr instead.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts