Audio not syncing with video

• Gamercjm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gamercjm
  • Loc: Murrietta, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying to get a video to play within flash, I need it to be compatible with flash 6 or 7, but i tried using a .flv which works perfect but only usuably with flash 8 because of the FLV player component.
So I just try a regular convert into a movie clip, but everytime i try and play the audio is off about 2 seconds. I checked the frame rate and i have it set to the original video, so i dont see why it is off.

Im open to any other method of getting the video to play or if you know how to fix the audio sync problem please let me know.
Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• why me?
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • why me?

Post 3+ Months Ago

i ran into this problem when working on a site that had video with external voice overs and the only way i was able to fix it was to throw the files into an movie clip and adjust the frame rate one incremet at a time until they matched perfectly. I know video runs at 32 or 30 fps, but sound depends on the Khz
Different speeds of sound is a well known bug within the Macromedia Flash Player Plugin. We can’t do anything about it, except for using only standard frequency values when creating MP3 files.

USE ONLY THE FOLLOWING FREQUENCY RATES:

* 11,025 kHz
* 22,050 kHz
* 44,100 kHz

Anything between this will sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks, you know? Don't use frequency values like 32 kHz or 8 kHz!

So double check your compression settings if you are using external software like sorenson squeeze, there should be a frame rate option in there as well as kHz..
  • FlashBandit
  • Born
  • Born
  • FlashBandit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gamercjm wrote:
I am trying to get a video to play within flash, I need it to be compatible with flash 6 or 7, but i tried using a .flv which works perfect but only usuably with flash 8 because of the FLV player component.
So I just try a regular convert into a movie clip, but everytime i try and play the audio is off about 2 seconds. I checked the frame rate and i have it set to the original video, so i dont see why it is off.

Im open to any other method of getting the video to play or if you know how to fix the audio sync problem please let me know.
Thanks

Hi i'm new to this forum stuff but i think i have the answer. In the publish setting (ctrl+shift+F12) "i'm using a PC". click the flash tab (tab in the middle) change your audio output settings (click the little but that says "set"). Choose ADPCM and set the khz to a number higher than your frame rate(i use 44khz because my movie's frame rate is 30fps). set this for both Audio stream and Audio event. It solved the problem for me hopefully it can help a few other people.

Good now i felt like i paid my dues.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts