back button

• 7lorac
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • 7lorac
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made a website all in flash, since the website is one flash swf, and not mulitiple html pages, the back button in internet explorer (or any browser) takes the viewer to the previous website. I want it to that the back button in internet explorer goes to the first frame. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

unfortunately, browsers are set up to deal with HTML documents, not Flash documents... you can make your own "Back" button withing the flash or you can have an intermediary page...

so, say they go to flash.html...
that has some code that bounces them to flash1.html, which actually has your flash document on it...
if they hit "Back" on their browser, it'll direct them to flash.html, which will then bounce them to flash1.html, effectively reloading the page and starting the flash document over...

this would no doubt piss off many users of the site, but... mmm...

well... that's one great thing about HTML and one reason why a lot of people still choose to do HTML pages and Flash/HTML hybrids rather than doing whole sites in flash.

good luck.
  • 7lorac
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • 7lorac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, I found a tutorial that shows how to make the back button in the browser take you back in flash:

http://www.robertpenner.com/experiments ... utton.html

The problem i'm having now is incorporating the actionscript to my website. If there's anybody that could help me, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's dope... and that guys site is just great, too, but... by far... that's hot... using empty frames to catalogue different frames in the movie...

good lookin'!

yo... just goes to show that you should 'never say never...' silly puck, saying ya can't do something...
  • 7lorac
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • 7lorac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, it's great except I'm having trouble incorporating the actionscript to my website. Is there anybody that could help me with that? Thanks.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts