beginners help

• dashboardgyno
  • Born
  • Born
  • dashboardgyno

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please help me along as I experience my first website design. Currently, I have bought a template from Monster Template 11226 (flash template) and I have modified it as I think is necessary...however, can I upload that alone as a website? Or can I import that flash file (flv or swf) into FrontPage or Dreamweaver? The reason I ask, is I would like more pages than given within the Flash Template.

Any suggestions. Sorry, I am such a novice here.

Thanks for your time
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

is that the wedding album?
if so, u can use it as a website.
  • dashboardgyno
  • Born
  • Born
  • dashboardgyno

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome... now can I add more pages to it? I believe this album only comes with 5 pages or something. I only need like 10. (truthfullly I like the design but it isn't for a wedding) Lastly, can I add a separate photogallery to it rather than use the built in one, that was too small.

Thanks for your time.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you know flash ... you can add whatever you want to it.
  • bryantsinger
  • bryantsinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is really a disaster for people to use the monster template.
It is beautiful but hard to use. Ah~,I've exprience this a lot.
  • dashboardgyno
  • Born
  • Born
  • dashboardgyno

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I get the most of it, I have changed all the pictures etc, and the wording...but I want to have more pictures in the gallery, and I don't know how....can anyone help with that? I guess I would even settle for a duplicate gallery etc. How do I link to a different gallery?

thanks for your time.
  • Riptcage
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Riptcage

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can import it into dreamweaver as i have done it before. You would be importing the .swf file ..and if you know a little something about html you should be able to figure it out.

Well if your website is a full .swf file and not a flash/html website..you can upload the .swf directly ..you would have to go to file>publishsettings and click html so that when you actually click file>publish an HTML file is also created for you, then all you would need to do is view the source and add a <center> code after the <body> and the .swf wouldn't be aligned to the left, thats always annoying.

There are different ways to add 'more pages' to a .swf file..you can either use the gotoandplay actionscript and direct it to another keyframe and use the stop command so it stops at that particular keyframe, or you can do it by scene and have it directed to each scene. Or if you are advanced with actionscripting you can telltarget your variable to change on command.

If you want to add more pictures into the gallery, well you simply need to create it. Make room for it. or maybe i don't get the question..maybe if i saw this gallery u were talking about..i could understand a little more?
-Dan
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

it`s a full flash site. he needs some scripting for more images in the gallery
  • wmaster
  • Born
  • Born
  • wmaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

im want to buy the template 11226 from template monster, do you think that maybe you could sale this template to me?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts