Best way to use 3D in flash?

• puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

What external programs do you need to make 3D boxes, sphears etc. in flash and make then turn around etc? any one got any good guides for this?

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• .soulty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Lost in Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

well you could use Swift3d made by http://www.erain.com to make the 3d objects then export them out as swf. Where you import this swf in flash, which ends up being a sequence of keyframes that make the 3d animation,i would prefer to place them in a MovieClip,and from there you would use Flash AS to control the play head inside that movieclip with things like gotoAndPlay etc....
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pukka, how good are you with math, graphs, & multidimensional arrays ?

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/fla ... sh_3d.html
  • ufcio
  • ufcio

Post 3+ Months Ago

those transparent cubes made by hand frame by frame http://hires.net-kom.com.pl how do you like it
  • rynoe
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use swift3D, its cheap and made for flash, The api stuff is neat but NOONE uses it and I am sick and tired of seeing that swf posted above!

Designers are artists, developers are mathmetitians. I have yet to meet a good visual artist who understands anything about higher math or vise versa.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

rynoe wrote:
Use swift3D, its cheap and made for flash, The api stuff is neat but NOONE uses it

:lol: swift3D is a "cooked up" api in it's self, how can you say NOONE uses it ? :wink:
  • rynoe
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Swift3D and Flash API are two completely different animals.

Swift3D creates vector (swft, eps, ai, epg) and rastor (jpg, png, pga, swf and tif) files.

The big deal with swift3D 3.0 is the .swft files, which is a vector 3D renderer that swift3D negotiated with macromedia, can be directly imported into flash as a movie clip type that is extremely small.

The flash API stuff is really cool and if you have a masters in mathmatics and are an expert at actionscript you can create some really cool 3D.

However, and I am sure the opposite arguement can be made, anyone with a masters in mathematics and an actionscript expert problably doesn't consider themselves a graphic artist with an 'eye for art'!
  • SUNE2C
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think all the way back to Maya 5 you can export to swf to import into Flash.
I know with 6 and 6.5 for sure. I have tested but not had time to fully use the power of these tools together.
  • SUNE2C
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a great math person; I do graphic design as my income and have a great eye for art...Oh yeah, I can do action scripting also ;)
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I am a great math person; I do graphic design as my income and have a great eye for art...Oh yeah, I can do action scripting also ;)

If thats the case look into http://blog.papervision3d.org/ Its a heavy duty 3d library built in actionscript complete with geometry, lights, cameras and shaders...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts