billy bussey

• Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

This guy is a true badass... I don't know if you guys have seen his site.. You probably have.. If not than prepare to get your ass kicked..

http://www.billybussey.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry Heart, I moved this to the Flash Design because it suits the
topic better.

I agree, his site is good. I've been going to his site here and there for
awhile now, since his old design was up, and I definitely like the new one
better.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't say as I like his new design much, but I have my reasons.

Reason 1:
The site to me seems like just some big giant movie made is 3dsmax and imported into Flash, then setting the stop() actions where needed and creating invisible buttons where the 3d stuff represents buttons. And a downfall of this being a big movie is that the load times are quite big.

Reason 2:
Too many transitions. You click a link, get a transition to a little sign that says a few words then you have to click another button to get another transition to FINALLY see the content.

Reason 3:
His site freezes my browser everytime I visit it. Doesn't always happen right away, but usually during one of the many transitions. Probably a case of the imported 3d video being too high quality and processor intensive.
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with lostinbeta.

It looks great and the 3d graphics are excellent, but crashing browsers, too big a load and actually, in my opinion that is, not very practical.

If that site is used to attract more clients, well, a lot of them will just leave the site because the load is so big and the bugs with the browsers.

But, again, just my opinion, and I really can't make such graphics, maybe in about 10 or 12 years or so and not trying to say I can do better (not even close to that), but I really think a site should be functional as well.

kind regards
Tisse
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, from what I hear this is a new site of his and it isn't 100% complete.. So, can't really judge a final decision on something that isn't finished. Obviously he is very familiar with a lot of stuff and the guy is only 26 and been into most of this stuff for only a few years. I mean the guy is really a genius with this stuff and knows what he is doing. I say in a few more years he will really blow our minds with his capabilities.
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Heart

You have a point, and I'm definately not saying he isn't talented, in fact very much the opposite.

I have the same feeling about neostream. I mean, excellent graphics, animation, .... but not really functional. That's all. I still believe a site is to let people see what you want to offer them, and when the content isn't easy to access, regardless of all the quality, talent, .... it loses quality I believe.

Just my opinion on designs, that's all, and anyone can disagree with that, no problem whatsoever ;)

by the way, your sig, on telenet as well over here :D
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, I think it is very graphically pleasing to me. I love all the effects with the robot, and how clear the robot arms are. Anybody have any idea how he did that part? Did he draw those up or are those pictures of robotic arms that he imported and then animated?

Anyway as far as overall use, I would say the site is very poor for that. I still think a site will serve the public much better if its content is easily accessible and has much to offer. Although this site is very cool, I never really see a site like this being packed with tons of useful content. I think these kind of sites would stay best as a promotional site to push a product or advertisement of some kind. Not sure.

That is just my :my2cents:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Graphically, I thought it was very good. But that's the only part I really liked.

For some reason the site wanted to run in Quicktime, so to view it I had to go to the bother to install it, and as I expected Quick Time Player took over some of the file extensions I prefer to be played in Media Player. So after viewing the site I had to go back and regain control over the file extensions again - what a pain.

Oh well, the only thing on the site that moved along was the intro movie. That was nice. As others stated, the site just drags. It was incredibly slow to load pages on broadband. I hate to think how long dial-up users have to wait. It was cool to look at once, but it's the last time I'll have a look at it.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah to clear up more about my post, the 3d work and graphics are excellent. He has talent there's no doubt there, but the functionality of his site is pretty much null. I think he tried to press the limits of web design and create a new original site that blew people away, but he ended up taking it too far... IMO.

Heart: Yes, this version of his site is relatively new, it was released not too long before 2Advanced.com released their new version.
  • Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah that is the thing with billy he doesn't want to just have an regular flash site. He pushed every last bit of his capabilities and pushes every bit of your computers capability and performance into his site. I figure in a next few years a site like Billy make will be a simple site. He is just ahead of his time. Computers just can't handle it. I went back on my dads computer and he as a Falcon Northwest Mach V for his work and it ran fine.. I actually wasn't too much into flash till I saw what he could do with it and I am getting a lot more interested in checking out the new Flash kit. Anyways, I still don't know how he designed all that stuff like the robot and the spinning LOADING box were both pretty cool. I think more so he is just showing how far you can go..
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the ideas. Perhaps if I had a T-3 line and a computer that was double the power I have now, It would have done fine. I think I have to agree -- he's got some really nice ideas -- but I think he's ahead of the times. I think most would just give up on the site before they gave it a chance. It does have some really good stuff though -- especially with the graphics.
  • the_real_tisse
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_real_tisse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I like the site, I think it is very graphically pleasing to me. I love all the effects with the robot, and how clear the robot arms are. Anybody have any idea how he did that part? Did he draw those up or are those pictures of robotic arms that he imported and then animated?

The most probable thing is he did that in a 3D program first with all the animations in it, and then just used flash to control its timeline.

There are some great programs out there, such as
Swift3D
3dsMAX

there are others as well like cinema4D.

Here is an example using Swift 3D: illuminations, one amazing site.

And, Billy wasn't the first to use it as you will notice at that site :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts