blurry text in button

• alexnino_o
  • Born
  • Born
  • alexnino_o

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone, first of all, im new to flash, started learning a couple months ago at work :).
My problem is that im trying to do a button ( flash cs3) where a masked text turns yellow when you roll the mouse over it.The over frame is a movieclip, and the up frame is the text of the movie clip. I dont know why but when i type or copy paste the text in the UP frame it shrinks, or it appears blurry when i see the swf.

Here is a link to the page, my buttons would be the bottom four except for the last one. http://www.jban.es/london/en/main.php

I´ve tried using the advice some people give in other forums such as avoiding decimals in X,Y, tried all the anti aliasing options, bit map, even the computer tech at work doesnt know what is going on xD.
Hope someone knows what is going on, :S thanks. :D
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Remove the decimals in ALL the clips containing the text. IE make sure the text field is on a full pixel, make sure the button containing the text field is on a full pixel, make sure the movie containing the button is on a full pixel and so on.

That said, nothing in your example looks blurry to me.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

graphixboy wrote:
That said, nothing in your example looks blurry to me.

If you look at the buttons on the bottom right that he referred to, in the "over" state, the font, positioning, and in one case even the size of the button changes. That's the big thing that's causing the problem. If you look at all the other "good" buttons, you'll note that the size and positioning of the text doesn't change in the over state. But in your 3 buttons it does. That's what you need to fix and match the button for your over state to be exactly as the up state.

In addition to graphixboy's suggestions, assuming these are pixel fonts they need to be in multiples of 8px, i.e. 8px, 16px, etc.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts