Board game in FLASH

• Stone D
  • Born
  • Born
  • Stone D

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everybody.
I've heard that it's possible to create a board game in flash. I don't expect anything complicated, just a simple board imitating a soccer pitch (7 per 4 squares), twenty two movable objects and set of playing cards which can be drawn and discarded freely.
I realize the third assumption may be impossible to perform (I'm a complete newbie) but hope that the first two can be done. Could anyone give me some guidelines where I should start or give some advises?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have heard right :D . You can create damn near anything with flash.

If your a "complete newbie", I suggest reading up on actionscript, becouse with requirements like 22 movable objects your going to NEED it :wink:
  • Sulfin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know if this'll help much, but when it's somebody's turn, you should have a variable called "turn_status". That way you can easily keep track of what the person has done.

If turn_status is 1, he is allowed to draw a card. When the card is drawn, his turn_status goes to 2. At 2, he can use the card to move or whatever. And it goes to 3. It's pretty good and I'm using it on my flash board game. This is just some advice so that when you become a "less-complete-newbe", you'll have a sample method.
  • OriginNO
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: the Glass City (Hometown: the NO)

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, all of the things you want to make your game do is possible but, If your a complete newb, like Joe says, you have a lot of reading to do. The first three subjects your going to need to know are: Random Numbers, Variables, and Arrays. Not neccessarly in that order. Either that, or planned on having somebody here script it for you, but whats the fun in that. Good luck, peace.
  • Sulfin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNo is right, you should get some experiance with scripting before you try to make a game as interactive as that one. Maybe try making a game where you have to click at the right place at the right time? That would be a good start to practice. Start with simple actions, work with stop and play, different properties, and then variables. "If" statements are good for the beggining, before you learn how "For" works. But getting somebody to code for you is the coward's way out.
  • Adde
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Adde

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm also a kinda "complete :n00b:" :(. Just wanna know where you can learn some actionscripts... Please, answer! Thank you!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adde wrote:
I'm also a kinda "complete :n00b:" :(. Just wanna know where you can learn some actionscripts... Please, answer! Thank you!

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/
http://www.flashkit.com/index.shtml
http://www.actionscript-toolbox.com/

Also, search for tutorial limiting results to come only from Flash & Actionscript in Ozzu's search :wink:
  • Adde
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Adde

Post 3+ Months Ago

:oops: Ehehehehe... thougt i did a post reply but i did a new topic... OOPS! but there it says thanks... thank you, again!
  • Adde
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Adde

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ehmm... if i wanna make a shooting game(thugt its not really good to start with it so i'lll start with something else, like a board game! :D) what shall i start learning?...(variables etc.)
  • Adde
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Adde

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was kinda hard to understand maybe, lets make it easier, what shall i start learning if i wanna make a board game! by the way, thanks! again....
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials.shtml
Tutorial 1 : "Variables 101" :D
  • Adde
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Adde

Post 3+ Months Ago