Borderless Desktop Window (CD-Rom)

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I know how to make a hybrid cd-rom. What I want to know is, how do I make it autostart with a borderless window with my own design. For example when you start up Photoshop that lil window with the brand name, logo, and designer credits opens up on your desktop. How is that done?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not exactly sure what you're up to. You want a borderless window for a flash projector?
Borderless window with your own design can be made using Visual C or Delphi. Probably you can use a 3rd party tool like Zinc to create that look and feel for a flash projector, but definetly not from flash.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's what I am wanting to do. When you put my cd-rom in I want it to NOT open the standard finder window but instead open a customized window with a background image and no borders.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This should help:
http://www.phdcc.com/shellrun/autorun.htm

Basically, you need to create an autorun.inf file and place it in the root directory of the CD. The file will specify which program/file to run when the CD is inserted.

By doing this, you can specify a custom program to run when the CD is loaded. As far as making the window borderless, etc, well, that depends on what language/framework you are using to create the program.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the key term OriginNO_II is looking for would be splash page.

My question would be what is on the CD, Is it your portfolio?

Depending on what the cd has on it and how you want to present the content will depend on how you will end up making your "splash page".

I know you do some flash work(nice webpage :) ) Adobe just came out with a nifty application creator for CS3 its called AIR and it allows you to create applications with flash.

It also allows you to create transpartent windows aka no toolbar or anything. For the splash page you could create a short animation or something and then load up your GUI for the application. This would give it the effect of a "splash page".
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Origino if you are creating this in Flash then just publish it as a Windows .exe and do the autorun thing and point to the executable.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you all for your input. I will take your advice and let you know how it turns out.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts