Button Down State

• haskell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • haskell

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have four text buttons and four pages with all four buttons on each page for navigation at the top of the page. When I click a button to go to another page, I want the button to stay in the down state so I know what page I'm on. When I click another page button I want it to do the same and have the previous button go back to it's Up state..I want to keep my buttons as Buttons and not put them in a Movie Clip...Please Help!....
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you trying this using HTML pages? Or by page do you mean you are changing your frame in the movie to show different content and/or loading in other content? We need more details on your setup before we can address a solution.

One thing I can tell you right off the bat is that you can't do this with button symbols. You will need to address a frame position for the button state, and you cannot manipulate a button symbol timeline like that.
  • haskell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • haskell

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, Ya all my pages are on a timeline, ie. Home (frame 1) Portfolio (frame 10) etc....with a stop(); function at each page! The buttons are text buttons for navigation to each name frame. I do see this alot on flash sites, the down state or whatever, still active when the button is clicked? I hope you can help me with this info?
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, those sites use movie clips as buttons. It's the only way they can preserve a state for a button because an action is called to adjust the timeline within that movieclip symbol when it is clicked. I did this once when I kept the instance names of all the movieclips in the navigation then looped that array turning 'off' the ones that aren't active and turning on the one I clicked.
  • haskell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • haskell

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm, that's too bad, cause I don't want to use a movie clip! Thanks for your help dude, I appreciate it!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts