Can actionscript communicate with JavaScript to create an on

• DdigitalD
  • Born
  • Born
  • DdigitalD

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm creating a Flash site for a client and they want a "LOG IN" page with in the Flash site. Users to this site must enter their contact info before they can enter the site. My client's main objective for the site

is to generate sale/contact leads, so the "LOG IN" is really just a way to get their contact information so that a sales team can follow up with calls.

I've created online forms using JavaScript/ASP but never using Flash. For this Flash site, the contact information needs to be sent to my clients email address. Can Flash do this?

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile but having no luck. Any help would really be appreciated!

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flash can communicate with your asp in exactly the same way an html form or javascript can. You need to lookup sendAndLoad in the Actionscript help guide.

The basic process is that you get the contents of an input text field. Send the data to your asp or php or what have you form processor. The processor does something with the data and tells flash when its completed.
  • DdigitalD
  • Born
  • Born
  • DdigitalD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Graphixboy.

I'm going to look at the sendAndLoad now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts