Can I blur in flash?

• ToshTrent
  • ToshTrent

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm sure i've come across the option to blur an image in flash before but I can't seem to locate it now. Is this an option or am i dreaming?

I would also like to have a box which moves over the image, focusing only where the box is. Should I have two images, one blurred and one focused, then use a mask option. Or is there another method which you can recommend?

Cheers
Tosh
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

what you described with the mask is probably the best way.
There's no "option" I'm aware of to blur an image.

The only other way I can think of is with some nifty actionScript.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In MX2004 you can do this:

Quote:
To add an effect to an object:
Do one of the following to add a Timeline effect:
Select the object to which you're adding the Timeline effect. Select Insert > Timeline Effects. Then select Assistants, Effects, or Transition/Transform from the submenu, and select an effect from the list.
Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the object to which you're adding the Timeline effect. From the context menu, select Timeline Effects. Then select Assistants, Effects, or Transition/Transform from the submenu, and select an effect from the list.
Effects available for the type of object you've selected appear as active menu choices.

In the dialog box that appears for the effect, view the effect preview based on default settings. Modify the default settings as desired, and then click Update Preview to view the effect with the new settings. For more information, see Timeline effect settings.
When the Timeline effect appears as desired in the preview window, click OK.

^From the help files. ;)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

well...there it is :mrgreen:

I guess I'm aware now, huh? ;)
  • ToshTrent
  • ToshTrent

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
In MX2004 you can do this:

Quote:
To add an effect to an object:
Do one of the following to add a Timeline effect:
Select the object to which you're adding the Timeline effect. Select Insert > Timeline Effects. Then select Assistants, Effects, or Transition/Transform from the submenu, and select an effect from the list.
Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Macintosh) the object to which you're adding the Timeline effect. From the context menu, select Timeline Effects. Then select Assistants, Effects, or Transition/Transform from the submenu, and select an effect from the list.
Effects available for the type of object you've selected appear as active menu choices.

In the dialog box that appears for the effect, view the effect preview based on default settings. Modify the default settings as desired, and then click Update Preview to view the effect with the new settings. For more information, see Timeline effect settings.
When the Timeline effect appears as desired in the preview window, click OK.

^From the help files. ;)

Thanx for you help there. Unfortunately I only have flash MX not the 04 version.

Cheers
Tosh

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts