can't get external swfs to load?? help...

• chal7ds
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

Ok, here's my situation. I have a main swf movie and there are buttons and stuff inside that call for external swfs to get called into the movie. when i preview my file in flash, they all work perfectly..in other words, they all get called in how they are supposed to...

..however, when i dropped this swf in a dreamweaver html file and uploaded it to my server via FTP and also uploaded all my external swfs via FTP and tried to test the movie on the internet...everything works except for the external movies don't come in! why???

(i know i uploaded the files correctly according to their folder structure too..)

any help on this issue would be much appreciated..thanx
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Gamercjm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gamercjm
  • Loc: Murrietta, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there a security warning that comes up about the swf being at a different server? If so try sure then in the main swf try to have the external linked with all http://www.

When i was doing mine that was the problem for me, i forgot to add www. in the main swf. Thats the only thing I can think of because thats the only problem i've had so far with external swf's.
  • chal7ds
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i figured it out..i didn't put my swfs in the same folder as my html files!! yikes!

thanx for responding anyways tho :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts