changing the background color when you load a new movie

• zoozoo23
  • Born
  • Born
  • zoozoo23

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I'm having problems with backgrounds in Flash MX 2004 (not sure about the Action Script version, I'm sorry). My main page is set to a black background. I have a button on the main page that goes to another Flash movie with an all white background.

Right now, when I click on the button - it goes to the other movie, but the black background of the main page stays. So, the white movie plays on top of the black background whereas I want the whole browser window to be white.

How can I change the background when Flash loads the second movie? I tried "unloading" the movieclip, but the main page consists of buttons rather than as a movieclip.

A big thank you in advance to anyone who's taken interest - thank you!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are two parts to displaying Flash on a page. The actual HTML page background color and the color of the background inside of Flash.

I assume your seeing the background of the HTML page that is not changing. In that case you'll need to use javascript to change the html background when the new movie loads.

If your new movie that you load into the container movie isn't the same size you will also see the container clips background. In this case you'll need to create a "background" movieclip thats the size of your stage on the bottom layer and change its color when you load the new movie.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts