Check out my transition effect

• nickadocker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nickadocker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, I created a transition effect and now I really want to know what people think about it. Click this link to download the .fla file:
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... sition.fla

I'm curious if you who are reading this, could recommend a better way to create the transition. I have a feeling that the way I created it is sloppy and my stage would end up being very cluttered and confusing if I was to add more buttons that linked to additional scenes... Is this true? Or is the way I did it the only good way that exists?

BTW, Here's my past post so you can understand what I'm trying to accomplish:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, need some help with Flash MX 2004 because the program's being a pain in the ass. Here's what I'm trying to do:

1) How do I make a transition effect from one scene to another without using the "loadMovie" command to load other .swf files?

I checked the kirupa.com tutorials but they won't work for what I need because the project I'm working on can't use external SWFs. It has to be one single projector.exe file when I'm all done with everything.

Any help would be totally awesome!
Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• nickadocker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nickadocker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's a zip file which includes the .SWF, .HTML, and the .FLA just in case:
Transition.zip
  • nickadocker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nickadocker

Post 3+ Months Ago

In case this helps make it clearer, what I want to learn from the transition.fla I created is:

1) How to efficiently set up my timeline
2) Which Actionscripts to use and where to put them
3) How to Neatly organize and clean up my stage so that I'm not jumping all around to get the transition effect.

I'm still pretty new to flash, but this is not my real movie, it's just a test I created in 10 min to see how the script would work but I feel it could be done better. So, any ideas on how to create it better? Thanks in advance if you have the answers.
  • nickadocker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nickadocker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, Here is a link to the latest version of the file I created with the stuff I've learned so far. Check it out:
Transition2.zip

If you who are reading this could answer these 2 questions it would be extremely helpful! Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish with the transition2.fla movie but I’m not sure how to do it:

1) After you click the button that loads the “Scene2” MovieClip, there is the “restart_button.” How can I make it so that after you click the “restart_button”, it fades back (transitions) to the beginning instead of just suddenly flicking back?

2) Also, instead of clicking the “restart button”, what if there was another button that linked to “Scene3”. How could I make that link fade or transition to Scene3 from there?

I hope this isn’t too confusing, but I think after you check out the transition2.fla movie it will make sense. Thanks in advance if you have the answers!
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

i've been real busy, so i've only been able to take a cursory glance, but what i can tell you is that the "scene 2" and "scene 3" are not actually scenes, but movieclips in the library.

so, quickly, you need to create a scene 1 movieclip in your library and give the buttons in clips 2 and 3 (and 1 once you create it) with the same actionscript on them as the two buttons have in the root movie.

i hope this is helpful and i'll take more time with it when i'm not so busy.

peace and good luck
  • nickadocker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nickadocker

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the response! I totally understand that your busy. I'll try your suggestions and see what I can do. Thanks again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts