Choppy Video on Flash Site any thoughts for this one?

• imnsi
  • imnsi

Post 3+ Months Ago

We just launched http://www.cutitout.net and are having a problem with choppy/laggy video. Anyone have any ideas why and how to fix?

Is it RAM-related? Server-related? Any suggestions on what we can do to improve the quality? Much appreciation for any help, thanks!
  • sunshine_photo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Convert this videos to Flash format (swf),it will play quickly and smoothly.
Just like this
http://www.flash-on-tv.com/vtf/video-to-flash-dome.html

Regards
  • joolszee2005
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • joolszee2005
  • Loc: UK by the sea side

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried the clip on the home page and it worked fine for me. I have 2mb per second.

I did a flash site, and my friend hosted it, and the same problem happened to me with clips. I tried everything to optimise the flash file. The whole flash file was only 500k so I was really baffled.

Then one evening I realised that it might of been the server MIME setting or just the server itself causing the problem. As it was a home server. Also my buddy is alway downloading stuff off the web, and that was sucking the bandwidth from my website.

I bit the bullet, and bought a separated hosting plan, and the website just worked!

It was annoying because I spent hours compressing everything in hope of making it load better. But it looked like a different server did the trick!

Obviously I was greatful for the free hosting, but didn't realise I was wasting so much time. The result...the most optimised website on the planet! :?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts