No clickable links work with movie clip

• RDean
  • Born
  • Born
  • RDean

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, i am using Flash CS3/Saved as Flash 8, and with AS1.
I downloaded a free "page flip" movie that works just fine on its own. (its also AS1).
I then created a new Flash FLA file where i created an "empty movie box" in which to load the "page flip" swf file.
So far so good - the page flip movie loads fine and also the page flips work (clicking on the corners and turning the pages) - however, no sound effects (pages flipping over) and all the links inside the "page flip" movie do nothing?The links are either to external links or to another page inside the pageflip movie.

The original "page flip" SWF works great 100% on its own as i said, but NOT when embedded inside another SWF file - why (please) ? No sound effects and no links work.

Here is the action script used to load the "page flip" movie:
Code: [ Select ]
content.loadMovie ("pageflip_v225.swf");

Thanks in advance for any help. :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• MarPlo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MarPlo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I'm not sure, but perhaps there is a conflict between the ActionScript codes added in those presentations, like same variable name , or instances.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

O.k i have to ask why are your putting a flash inside a flash?

Are you making sure they are working on different layers at least of some description?

Please provide example but why not build it all into 1 SWF like it Flash is built to do.
  • RDean
  • Born
  • Born
  • RDean

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why am i putting a swf file inside another swf?

The whole idea surely with Flash is to create movie clips inside the main file - either imported from an external link or otherwise??

However, the "page flip" "fla" file i downloaded (which was free btw) is really quite small. I forgot to mention that it isn't exactly "inside" my main swf, its loaded externally, as you can see from the code. During the course of the main movie, i want to load other external swf's or images and keep the file size down.

Yes, the "page flip" is on a seperate layer in the timeline and even tried in a different scene. I have tried just loading it with a simple much larger background in the main swf. But same thing - no clickable links work and no sound effects. The page does flip over though, either by dragging on corner or just clicking on the corner.

Its called "PageFlip 2.25" and can be downloaded from the pageflip website (i am not allowed to post the link apparantly). There are other versions on their website, but they cost - this one is free.
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would have to agree with MarPlo on maybe a conflict on the names. Also I would add that maybe your links inside the page flip are referring to the _root of the movie IE the container instead of the _parent the pageflip. Could you try to zip up your project so we could see what is going on? You can upload a file under the advanced post.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts