Color Mask? Or Setting Color of a PNG Bitmap?

• Tesseract
  • Tesseract

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made a movie clip of a sequence of outer glow effects in PhotoShop to give the effect of a pulsating halo. I made the clip separate from the beveled graphic it surrounds so I could mask it. I want to have it pulsating between colors as it expands and contracts. I made the halo white, not anticipating that there would be any great difficulty in masking or changing its color.

So my question is, how do you make a color mask? I can only seem to get alpha masks, it completely ignores the color of the masks I make and lets through all colors, no matter the color of the mask.

Or alternately, is there a why to alter the color of all the pixels in a PNG bitmap, so that the varying transparency/alpha of different pixels is preserved but the color is uniformly changed?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tesseract
  • Tesseract

Post 3+ Months Ago

I figured it out, you have to put shapes and bitmaps into movie clips to set their color. Instead of doing it to bitmaps I found out about Modify > shape > Soften Fill Edges. Saves lots of space, but in order to set the alpha of each edge separately I have to put each and every edge shape into it's own movie clip as well. *Sigh*... Here is a small example:

http://mike1reynolds.5u.com/m.htm

And here is the jsfl I'm using to speed this process up a bit, but you have to ctl-g each edge shape to group it individually or this jsfl code wont work, for the same reason the distribute to layers wont separate the shape fill edges. unless each is in it's own group all the shapes are treated as if group together!...

var elementArray = document.getTimeline().layers[0].frames[0].elements;
var selectionArray = new Array;

var nSym = 1;
for (var nElem = 0; nElem < elementArray.length; nElem++)
{
if (elementArray[nElem].elementType == "shape")
{
selectionArray[0] = elementArray[nElem];
fl.getDocumentDOM().selection = selectionArray;
document.convertToSymbol("movie clip", "SymbolName"+nSym, "center");
nSym++;
}
}

BTW, how do you get indention into these forums? All of them eat leading blank space! What a pain.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts