ComboBox, Is this possible?

• Rizz
  • Born
  • Born
  • Rizz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

What I would like to do is have two dropdown boxes.
Each dropdown would have 25 town names.
After a user selects 1 town from each of the two dropdown boxes I would then like to display the distance from one town to the other based on the two towns they have selected.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, if a user picked OZZU Street from box 1 then selected Webmaster street from box two, I would then like it to display a specific message based on their two choices.

Is this possible to do in flash alone? Would I need to use external files?

If anyone could point me in the right direction on how to go about achieving this I would really appreciate it.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

sure it's possible. Either u hardcode the cities and the distances, or you get them from a database or a text file.
Then use the ComboBox class events to see when the combo value is changed. (read help from flash). I would wse a matrix to keep the distances :D
  • Rizz
  • Born
  • Born
  • Rizz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply IceCold, its good to hear it can be done. I will get on top of that and see if I can learn how to do this, I think I would like to try hardcode it rather than use external files to be honest, it sounds easier than having to work on external files as well as flash. lol maybe I’m wrong!
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. :thumbsup:

IceCold wrote:
sure it's possible. Either u hardcode the cities and the distances, or you get them from a database or a text file.
Then use the ComboBox class events to see when the combo value is changed. (read help from flash). I would wse a matrix to keep the distances :D
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

no, it's easy to read them from external file, and also you won't need to compile the flash again and again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts