confused about which flash to use

• buzzby365
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • buzzby365

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have flash mx. i am really comfortable with it. i want to know which is the best flash upgrade to get or should i just stick to MX.
so is there any point upgrading to:

flash mx 2004
flash mx 2004 professional

i mainly use it for actionscripted animations (but not heavy 2advanced stuff)

any ideas?
  • chimiwaza
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • chimiwaza

Post 3+ Months Ago

well hmmmm i upgraded to flash mx pro, but the only thing i complain about is that they take the 'normal' action script panel for not 'advanced' users out, i thought it was on flash pro only, but they did it on flash 2004 too. really pissed off about that :evil:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can always download the evaluation version onto a spare machine & give it a try :wink:
  • buzzby365
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • buzzby365

Post 3+ Months Ago

that is what i am pissed off with as well. i like the choice of normal and expert view in the actions panel. it always helped me with mu coding. i do the coding in the expert then go to normal to see if the code is right. now that its taken out, i feel that macromedia havent taken into account how valuable that attribute was. what i might do is jusst get the 2004 or 2004pro edition because i have files sent to me in that format. then save it down to mx version so i can edit it.
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Nowhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

Indeed, dropping the Normal edit mode for AS is the reason many users just stuck to Flash MX. I know it's the reason I did it. Really, IMO MX 2004 is best for heavy AS and dynamic content but if you want plain easy animation I suggest Flash MX.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buying it just to convert to an older format seems like a waste of money if you ask me :wink:

Main differences between professional & not, Video & sound capabilities. http://www.macromedia.com/software/flas ... omparison/
  • buzzby365
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • buzzby365

Post 3+ Months Ago

well in that case i will just get my collegues to convert the mx2004, mx2004 pro files to ordinary mx files using the save as facility

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts