Creating presentation CD

• Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all

This isn't actually directly related to websites, but I hope some people in the know about general Flash things can give me some pointers.

I've been asked to create a presentation for a company which designs and makes parts for racing cars.

The requirements:

It needs to run full screen.

It shouldn't require the viewer to keep clicking to progress but, rather, should simply work like a slideshow. However, I'd like the viewer to also be able to pause and navigate through the screens if they so desire.

Needs to be completely fool-proof to start, so ideally it should auto-run.

Should work on Mac and PC.

What I think I've found out so far:

I think I'd like to use Flash professional's 'screens' as they seem easy to use for this sort of presentation.

I should use fscommand to get the presentation full screen (found details in the Flash help).

Not sure of the best way to auto-progress through the slides. Was thinking maybe I should insert some actionscript in the actions palette of the master screen which would wait a specified length of time before moving to the next screen?

I'll be okay building my navigation with buttons and assigning their behaviours. But how would I stop the auto-progression once the viewer clicks on a navigation button? Could I simply set a variable (eg. autoprogress = 0), and have the auto-progression behaviour depend on this?

I should publish as 'projectors' (both PC and Mac versions). How would I prepare a CD which would work on both PC and Mac which could be duplicated?

So...

As you can probably tell, I'm relatively inexperienced with anything other than the most basic of Flash things. Many thanks for any help or advice you can give.
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think I've managed to find a tutorial/FAQ which deals with most, if not all, of my queries:

http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials/ ... D_burning/

However, if you've got any other advice I would, of course, still like to hear it.

Thanks.

Bye for now. :)
  • 4ColorZ
  • 4ColorZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, hear this....assuming that you know flash quite well, the key of making things like this work properly is to have them pointing to the exact url if your using multiple swf....but the best way of making sure that it is flawless is to put everything into one big movie (swf), youll probably end up with a very large swf file but it will surely work... about full screen mode, theres an fscommand for that...
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right - I'm building this from scratch so was intending to keep everything in the one document.

Have got the fullscreen command:

fscommand("fullscreen", true);

Thanks.
  • 4ColorZ
  • 4ColorZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

almost forgot...you should also include a flashplayer installer on your cd, i dont think theres any legal problem with that coz you can download it for free...and be warned, if you put it into one document, its gonna require a lot of memory especially in fullscreen.
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do I need to include the flash player installer if I export as projectors? I thought that being projectors they wouldn't need the flash player installed...
  • Natal
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Natal
  • Loc: Transylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't need the installer for projector files.
You need it onlt if you export the flash to .swf.
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for confirming that.
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

In case anybody wants to know how to automatically progress to the next slide to create a progressing slide show without user input, here are a couple of useful threads on Macromedia's forum:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Here's what it boils down to:

jillliank wrote:
In the "presentation" layer (slide), stretch out your timeline to however long you think viewing it will take (for example 60sec). Figure out how much time you want for each slide, create a new keyframe at this interval mark in the time line, and add the 'go to the next slide' behavior.
  • lvchang
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Impel GD wrote:
Hi all

This isn't actually directly related to websites, but I hope some people in the know about general Flash things can give me some pointers.

I've been asked to create a presentation for a company which designs and makes parts for racing cars.

The requirements:

It needs to run full screen.

It shouldn't require the viewer to keep clicking to progress but, rather, should simply work like a slideshow. However, I'd like the viewer to also be able to pause and navigate through the screens if they so desire.

Needs to be completely fool-proof to start, so ideally it should auto-run.

Should work on Mac and PC.

What I think I've found out so far:

I think I'd like to use Flash professional's 'screens' as they seem easy to use for this sort of presentation.

I should use fscommand to get the presentation full screen (found details in the Flash help).

Not sure of the best way to auto-progress through the slides. Was thinking maybe I should insert some actionscript in the actions palette of the master screen which would wait a specified length of time before moving to the next screen?

I'll be okay building my navigation with buttons and assigning their behaviours. But how would I stop the auto-progression once the viewer clicks on a navigation button? Could I simply set a variable (eg. autoprogress = 0), and have the auto-progression behaviour depend on this?

I should publish as 'projectors' (both PC and Mac versions). How would I prepare a CD which would work on both PC and Mac which could be duplicated?

So...

As you can probably tell, I'm relatively inexperienced with anything other than the most basic of Flash things. Many thanks for any help or advice you can give.

well, are you using flash mx 2004. If yes why not try the 'behaviour' development panel!

it can help you to maximuise the screen

flash player!! of course you need it!

but you can make an option either open by flash player or through IE(Internet Explorer) browser!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts