Custom Accordion Style Menu

• Rafe
  • Rafe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, obviously I'm new here, but it's always good to have multiple resources... so hopefully I will learn, as well as contribute to others.

I would like to create a similar style menu to one I found the other day. It's at http://73.ufc.com ...if you skip the intro video, the menu is in the bottom right of the website. It has the fighters facing each other and on scroll over they expand, hiding the other fighters.

I'm not a total noob when it comes to AS but I definitely need help. I would just like an outline of script that I could build upon that would function the same way as the one I found at the UFC site. I know Flash has the Accordion component but I'm hoping for something a bit more advanced than that. Even if you know of a tutorial that could help, I would appreciate it. Thanks... looking forward to many many threads here :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

To start with, you'll have to become familiar with the MX Tween class or one of many motion tweening frameworks out there.

Thats a great menu because of the subtleties of the motion.
  • Rafe
  • Rafe

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, I am a bit familiar with MX Tween class and have used it before. Basically, what I know if it is what I read here. Is there another way to implement this class that I would need to know?
  • krismeister
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • krismeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you do use the MX Tween, you'll probably want to use it with the delegation class. It will be easier to chain events.

Speaking of chaining events I think FUSE has easy chaining. There are also a bunch more tween frameworks at OSflash.
  • Rafe
  • Rafe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool, well I'm looking into FUSE right now and watching Lee Brimlow's tutorials. Since, I am new to FUSE (and probably far from coding a menu like that on my own), if anyone could help me by writing some code that I could work with and build upon, it would be appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts