detect current url

• cris02
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cris02
  • Loc: Manila, Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there,

Is there a way to detect current url using actionscript. i have a flash here please see the attached image. there's a three button now: e.g: if the current page is http://myserver.com/calculator.htm now the calculator button in the flash banner should be stand-up then if the current page is in faq.htm the faq button should be stand up then the calculator should be in down position same with prticipant login button.

My current option is to make a tree flash banner that are the same but i think this is not the best one.. so is there other way to done this instead of creating multiple flash that are the same?

Thanks
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes you can. You need to use javascript to the URL (window.url) I believe will work. Then you need to pass that into flash using either something like the SFO Object to pass the url as a variable at run time or you need to have flash use the External Interface command to get the url string from the javascript.
  • cris02
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cris02
  • Loc: Manila, Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you dont mind can you give simple example for that. thanks for the reply anyways
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an example someplace. I'll go digging and get back to you. In the mean time here's what adobe's docs say about the externalInterface command.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts