Distorted / Slow audio

• SilverFox
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SilverFox
  • Loc: Shreveport, Louisiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is incredibly frustrating - my voice-over and background music play fine on the computer they were made on, but on most other pc's I've tested with (2000 and XP machines), the audio is way deeper, distorted, slower, etc. Does anyone have a remedy for this? I've tried changing them all to different sound modeS (event, stream, start, stop), and tinkering with the kbps doesn't seem to help.

here is the url:

http://s92212976.onlinehome.us/Dpixl8/media/projects/bis/uploadmaterials/link.html
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hrmm, occasionally sound issues pop-up that i've not experienced yet in Flash and this is one of them.

I can try and give you a point in the right direction in possibly solving your problem by telling you to open the library panel, right click on the sound that is getting distorted and try checking the properties and such of it to make sure the quality/compression and such is all correct.
  • SilverFox
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SilverFox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, don't feel bad. The topic popped up twice at Kirupa and nobody could help. Macromedia says it's a win2k problem, but it happens on XP, too.

I did look at the properties earlier, and the thing is, they were all recorded at 96kbps, and they show up as 44, 48, and 96, just randomly...

?_?
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

You sure its preloaded correctly?

if _framesloaded
gotoAndplay(2);
} else {
gotoAndplay(1);

Im sorry if its wrong, havent actionscripted in a long time.
  • SilverFox
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SilverFox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Um... wrong thread?

Anyway, I decided to do a pretty ghetto fix, which is to increase the speed of the .wav files so they play correctly on the win xp and 2k boxes. --- can anyone test them for me?

http://s92212976.onlinehome.us/Dpixl8/m ... /link.html

Tell me if it's playing really deep/slowly.
  • ablemindz
  • Born
  • Born
  • ablemindz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys!

I know this is an old post, but I ran across this forum when searching for a solution to a similar problem. Here is what I found:

When you have your original music file (WAV, AIFF, and so forth), make sure—in whichever sound-editing program you're using—that the sample rate is in an increment of 11 kHz (11, 22, 44, and so forth). If you use a sample rate that is not in an increment of 11, Flash MX 2004 will resample them when played. This might cause the MP3 to play/behave unexpectedly. Normally, sound files have an 11 kHz incremental sample rate, so this isn't an issue to worry much about. However, if you are integrating audio into your Flash MX 2004 project, and the audio starts sounding like it's in a different pitch, or you notice other strange anomalies, check the audio sample rate to make sure that it's in an increment of 11 kHz.

The MP3 files that we were working with are 48kHz. I checked using Quicktime. I resampled to 44kHz and run some tests. Worked fine!

Here is the site that I found the info:
http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.asp?p=174374&seqNum=3&rl=1

Hope this helps! Good luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts