Dreamweaver

• suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I have uploaded a swf it looks really nice, the visitor can dl from the site and see the image scroller.
What i want to do now is add the same swf to dw. my problem is its not centered, no matter how i try it just is'nt having any of it.
The movie is 600 x 400 i can't change it to 800 x 600 as the pics then become pixalated.
Things i have tried in dw inspectors properties are as follows:
Centre.
Absolute middle
Baseline
Middle
Anyone know what else i can do..? i don't know nothing yet about CSS, or tables, or layers. i only started learning dw last week.
Thanks.
:D
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is impossible to tell without actually looking at the whole code.

About the movie size, you have to edit the actual flash file for that. Import the images in the right size there and publish it at 800 by 600. If everyting was vector in the movie, it would'nt be a probelm though.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

quantumcloud,
Its been made in Swishmax. i'll try what you say many thanks...
The code, it does'nt show 'view source' from the web site i have the swf on - pity.
I will try your way. there has to be a solution - somewhere.
  • outlaw
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

in dreamweaver, sometimes..ya have ta click on the top menu>...text...align...and then 'center' then insert the flash...

at least thats how I do it....

sorry if I mis-understood what ya were askin...

outlaw
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really must thank 'outlaw' in public. he had the answer to a problem that has been 'niggling' for over a week, nothing in the help forums at all about this tip.
Of course i thank Ozzu for such helpful members and mods too.
Hopefully this will help many people with their swfs.
I bow down in gratitude to outlaw.
Pm sent outlaw.
  • outlaw
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

No Problem suzie......Glad I could help....

• ddavoren
  • Born
  • Born
  • ddavoren

Post 3+ Months Ago

so now im reading this 5 years later... and have a question, when i used this method, the .swf plays fine in DW but when i preview it in a browser, the video does not show up?

im very frustrated with this cause im sure its an easy soloution

this is my code, its the only thing on the page

Code: [ Select ]
<script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<div align="center">
  <script type="text/javascript">
AC_SW_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab#version=10,1,1,0','width','640','height','480','title','intro video','src','Assets/Video/Intro','pluginspage','http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/' ); //end AC code
</script><noscript><object classid="clsid:166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab#version=10,1,1,0" width="640" height="480" title="intro video">
    <param name="src" value="Assets/Video/Intro.swf" />
    <embed src="Assets/Video/Intro.swf" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/" width="640" height="480"></embed>
  </object>
</noscript></div>

1. <script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  2. <div align="center">
  3.   <script type="text/javascript">
  4. AC_SW_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab#version=10,1,1,0','width','640','height','480','title','intro video','src','Assets/Video/Intro','pluginspage','http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/' ); //end AC code
  5. </script><noscript><object classid="clsid:166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab#version=10,1,1,0" width="640" height="480" title="intro video">
  6.     <param name="src" value="Assets/Video/Intro.swf" />
  7.     <embed src="Assets/Video/Intro.swf" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/" width="640" height="480"></embed>
  8.   </object>
  9. </noscript></div>
  • mam1606
  • mam1606

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm here because I have a similar problem. I did read that the problem might be due to not having the scripts in the site script directory but I did look in my site and it appears to be there.
Does anyone else have a suggestion?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js needs to be in exactly the same directory as your hTML file and swf file
  • mam1606
  • mam1606

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I have changed the .js to the root directory. It still isn't playing on the web. But it is playing in Dreamweaver. I've read that .flv files need a "player", is it the same for .swf files?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

well your browser has to have Flash player installed, yes. But most people already have that installed in their browsers.

but to clarify, by the looks of your code, you need to have a directory in your root directory named "Scripts" and AC_RunActiveContent.js needs to be in the Scripts directory (case sensitive.)

Either that, or leave AC_RunActiveContent.js in the root and change the first line of your code when uploading to the web to
Code: [ Select ]
<script src="AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  • mam1606
  • mam1606

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I thought I had to put it on the server too so I did that. I have both player and shockwave installed. but it still isn't playing on the web.
Here is the address for the one I'm working on,if you wouldn't mind taking a look.

Thanks.
Ann

http://www.crystalsingingbowls.ca/index_carousel.html
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well your script is uploaded to the correct place.
You could try moving
<script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

from the <head> tages to just before
<script type="text/javascript">
AC_SW_RunContent( 'codebase', ...etc

I don't think that should make a difference, though. What I think might be the problem is that usually with a carousel you most likely have a separate Action Script file. It might be named something like carousel.as

If there are any files ending with .as in your Dreamweaver Files, you need to also upload those to the same place on your webserver. (most likely it/they will be in the root.)
  • mam1606
  • mam1606

Post 3+ Months Ago

I moved the lines, it working ok in Dreamweaver, except that I can't get a transparent background yet. But it still isn't working on line.
I was working from Lee's tutorial at the Flash Blog. The files didn't have any .as files and when I published there was no option to create a .as file.
  • mam1606
  • mam1606

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the help, I found the problem so here it is for those others who may be frustrated.
As much as I believed my links were ok, this ended up being the basic problem. Part of this was my work flow pattern, as I would find something that worked I didn't want to get rid of it so I would add on "old" to the file name so I could use it as a backup. After starting over MANY times, I lost that fear and once I got rid of all the "backups", I decided where I wanted my files to go relative to the root.
new folder: flash - this is where I put the .fla, .swf, & .xml files
I also put in a sub folder images_carousel in the flash folder so I wouldn't get the images mixed up with my regular images. (This may change as I had originally used slices to create my webpages and these are not working well in IE8, so doing away with them.)
folder: Scripts - this folder is automatically created by Dreamweaver for any .js scripts so this is where I put the scripts. But note that when Flash publishes, it puts the script in the root folder. If you use Dreamweaver to move it to the Scripts folder then it will automatically update your links.
Sorry this is long winded and hope it can help someone else. Though it is probably basic for most.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts