Dynamic Text Box Problem

• robinvierich
  • Born
  • Born
  • robinvierich

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

I'm making a classic pong game. The second frame explains the rules and also has to input boxes where you are supposed to enter your name, the variables for the input boxes are "player1name" and "player2name". In Frame 3 there is a scoreboard where it displays the names, I simply put dynamic text boxes with the same variables as the input boxes in frame 2, and that works fine. The problem is that in frame 4 (only seen if player1 wins) there is another dynamic text box with the variable "player1name". When player1 wins it goes to the frame but the text box says nothing... what do i do?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

What you describe should be working provided all textboxes are in the same mC :?

If any of the textareas are nested inside an MC then it causes it to be a new variable.

say if the first textboxes are in the _root & that last one is nested inside an mC named "mcName" then the first ones paths would be,

player1Name
Where the last one would be,
mcName.player1Name

Other than that are you sure there are no typos in the variable name of the last box ?

You may have somthing nulling the value of the variable between frame transitions as well.

Have the FLA handy ?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts