Dynamic text problems

• bowbli
  • bowbli
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a dynamic text box in a movieclip symbol, and the text box is loading from a .txt file. This movieclip is fading in using a tween, and the alpha setting. However, the text is not showing up. I have tried embeding the text, and that didn't work. I have also tried just typing text into the box, and that doesn't work either. However when I convert it to a static text box the text does show up, but I need it to be dynamic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right click on your textbox, open the properties panel, in there will be a "Character..." button (well in Flash MX there is), click on that and choose to embed the font outlines.

To be able to tween/morph/fade/skew/etc dynamic textboxes the font for the textbox must have embedded outlines.
  • bowbli
  • bowbli

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have already embedded the font outlines. I tried showing the text in another movie and it worked fine, so maybe I will just redo the movie, and hope that it works,becasue I can't think of anything thats wrong, and it was working an hour ago, then it stopped, and I never even touched it.
Thanks for the quick response anyay.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ROFL... Flash does the strangest things sometimes.

I was working on a project with a buddy of mine and I created this script that worked perfect for me, but when I sent him the exact same file, it wouldn't work for him. He had to delete a clip and recreate it.

Flash is indeed a strange program.
  • bowbli
  • bowbli

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, this is strange, but I found out what it was. I changed the colour of a dynamic text box in another scene to white (that's the colour of the background), and it seemed to have an effect on the problem text box, which is in a different scene, and has a different name to the other one. Any way, I embedded the fonts for all the text boxes in that movie and the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks for your help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts