dynamically load data into dynamically loaded swf?

• mm2
  • Born
  • Born
  • mm2
  • Loc: atlanta

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

i have 2 swfs, 1.swf and 2.swf.

2.swf will be loaded into 1.swf using loadMovie(). but there is some data that is dynamically loaded into 2.swf when it's played.

these data get loaded successfuly when i play 2.swf individually. but when i play 1.swf and load 2.swf into 1.swf, the data supposed to be loaded into 2.swf are not loaded.

can somebody give me some leads?

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is anything that has to do with loading the data in 2.swf referencing _root ?

If it is you will have to remap thoose _root references with this._parent (or more parents depending on container depths)
  • mm2
  • Born
  • Born
  • mm2
  • Loc: atlanta

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks joebert. it's the path that messed up things. thanks !!

but i have another question about displaying dynamic textfield, created from the createTextField method, in a mask. i was told to make a new font and attach it to my dynamic textfield. so i wrote this code but it's not working . can somebody told me why?

myfmt=new TextFormat();
myfmt.font="myfont"
this.createTextField("dy", 20, 0, 0, 120,20 )
this.dy.text="shishi"
this.dy.setNewTextFormat(myfmt)

thanks!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
this.dy.setNewTextFormat(myfmt)

Take out the word new, setNewTextFormat() is used to controll the formatting of text that either the user types or is added with the replaceSel() method.

setTextFormat(without the new) is what your looking for to make imediate changes :)
  • Sandbird
  • Born
  • Born
  • Sandbird

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, i am a bit confused about the solution with the multiple swf's.I have kinda the same problem.
I have the main movie where you click a button and loads an external swf on it that has a gallery of 15 movies that load dynamicly 15 pictures in each one seperatly.I have the same problem....When i play the second swf alone it loads them....When i load it from the main swf it shows them again.....but when i put the main swf in an html (index.html) then the pictures wont load....got any solution to that? Cause then i got a bigger problem....
I want when you click the picture to start a new window showing the picture in it....withouth menus and stuff(but i know how to do that....)

Please give me a hand. Thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts