elastic effect on a rectangle

• buzzby365
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • buzzby365

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am trying to get an elastic effect on a triangle. i am not sure how to go about this. whether it is to use actionscript or to use tweening or morphing or masking. please can i get some helpful hints or even a start on how to code it to get a really go elastic effeect. i then can taylor it for my pruposes.

thanks in advance
  • outlaw
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm don't know how helpful this will be but I think a shape tween might be a way ta go...

after ya get the shape tween from triangle ta whatever distorted shape you are looking for...select all those frames and paste em right after the last frame..n select em n reverse em..

just an idea...not sure if that's what you are looking for...

:beerchug:
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what he's looking for is what I'm looking for, check out this guys site from the Website Reviews forum
: http://www.ozzu.com/website-reviews/site-review-new-rock-band-slick-new-site-t31174.html :

Load the photos section and notice how no matter what order you click the photos in, the rectangle tweens automatically to the next shape. They either programmed every possible tween that could take place, or there's some cool actionscript involved.

And I as well am in search of that technique!

Anyone who has it or a reference can PM me or just reply to this topic.

Thanks
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss

Post 3+ Months Ago

Update -

I think I'm on the right track searching for these lines of code

border.resizeMe
containerMC.

This article at kairupa.com is pretty much what I'm searching for http://www.kirupaforum.com/forums/showt ... ge=3&pp=15

My problem is that I'm still not that proficient with flash and am not sure how to set up and arrange this whole event.. Where to place the actions, and where do I place the containerMC? I will keep searching for answers, I'll post the answers here if I find them..

Hope this helps you 2 buzzby

edit - except for I just realized that I've forgotten you're trying to apply this effect to a triangle, damm. You may be on your own there, but maybe what I've found will help you somewhat..
  • buzzby365
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • buzzby365

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am trying to apply the effect on a rectangle. not sure where the triangle thing cam from. i am building an interface for my personal site. so hopefully i am not alone in this
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss

Post 3+ Months Ago

buzzby365 wrote:
i am trying to get an elastic effect on a triangle.

it hasn't been my night, i've been burned for a site critique and for trying to help you find an answer while i find it for myself..
  • buzzby365
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • buzzby365

Post 3+ Months Ago

no offense mate. i totally 4got that i said triangle. didnt mean that at all. and didnt mean to buren u either. i am in need of help on this one so anyone that can point me in the right direction is helping me greatly. i have dld some flash tutes that help so i think that fine tweeking will get me there. i could upload the tutes that i have found and maybe we both can accomplish this.

sorry for offending you
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss

Post 3+ Months Ago

No problem, I think it's possible that we might be looking for two totally different effects anyways, but because of what they do, they could both theoretically be called an elastic effect.

I did find my answer though at that kairupa link that I posted in this thread.

border.resizeMe

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts