Embedded MP3 Non Synced with timeline or Distorted

• dhonsvick
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dhonsvick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I have created a simple presentation for a meeting. 1 Scene, Sim ple tweens no AS. MP3's are loaded into the timeline. Now I know the definitions...

Synced to Event will Play once loaded and continue playing till stopped or completed. This is triggered by an event and in no way cares about weather it is inline with the timeline.

Results of using this and manually syncing frames with sound are unpredictable and vary from computer to computer - of course.

Using Stream - syncs the audio with the timeline, forcing the movie to add or drop frames to stay in tune with the audio.

My problem is we are doing a voice overs and the sound is severly distorted. Makes the voice over sound like he is brushing his teeth while talking. I have edited the time line to remove any compressed areas, making sure the audio tracks were givin ample space to play out completly.

By default I am running the animation at 25 frames per second - I have tried bumping to 30 and 31 frames per second with no change. I do need to sync this up exactly but I cant submit this to the client with sylvestor the cat narrating :shock:

I do not normally embed the sounds, I usually call the sound object and stream the MP3's so there is probably something I don't know.

Any thoughts?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• timjerram
  • Born
  • Born
  • timjerram
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've had this problem. The solution is simple. The answer is in the Publish dialogue. Navigate to the sound tab and set BOTH the Event and Streaming compression pulldowns to a higher setting. If you just do it to 'streaming' it doesn't work. Also, as added security, set the same value in the sound inspector settings regardless of whether you've chosen to overide the value there with the values Publish. This should work. Good Luck.
  • dhonsvick
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dhonsvick

Post 3+ Months Ago

This worked Great thank you! I love the fact that the file size dropped about 1.5mb's (Switching back from Event to Stream) also.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts