Exporting a file in flash so that everyone can view it?

• jackson
  • jackson

Post 3+ Months Ago

- Hello all. I want to burn a little flash movie I made onto a cd and send it to someone. How do I export it so that anyone could view it? Actually, do I "export" it or do I "publish" it so that windows/mac can use it.

The first time I tried, it created both flash and shockwave files...I thought I could send the shockwave file for others to view, but it doesn't want to open up anywhere except for my computer. :( So I'm guessing that just sending someone a swf file isn't going to cut it. I've read something about Flash Projector...is that the answer? If so, how do I export a flash movie as a Flash Projector file? Thanks for helping out a newbie!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should only have to export/publish your movie in flash into the standard swf format that it creates. Once you have that it's really a matter of whether the "viewer" has the flash player installed on their computer. My friend has a Mac and she sees my swf's just fine without me making any special format changes for the Mac.

You can install the latest version of the flash player at macromedia.com Unfortunately I don't think that you can download the actual installer, otherwise I would say to download it and burn it on the disk with the swf file.

If the person trying to view the swf isn't connected to the internet and cannot install the flash player then I'm not sure what the next best solution is.. Someone else will have to answer that..
  • jackson
  • jackson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm...still won't let me open up a swf in my other mac. Is it because the one I created it on is os 10 and the other is os 9 (at work)? I figure a projector file might be the safest bet, as it can be viewed on any mac, right? Thanks again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts