Fade in and Out

• forgivenchick
  • Born
  • Born
  • forgivenchick

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a site i'm creating and i want to be able to click a button and have the current page fade out and then the next page fade in. similarly to this site: http://www.frenchlaundry.com/
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What version of Flash, and what version of Action script and what Version are you publishing for? flash-forum/please-read-this-before-posting-here-t95590.html There are different ways to do it. One way is tweens, the other is Action Script.
  • forgivenchick
  • Born
  • Born
  • forgivenchick

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using CS3 and 1.0 or 2.0 and any version for publishing it's not going live
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Then your best bet is to use tweens. Most likely your button is located on the last frame where your stop action is. So your button action should probably be something like gotoAndPlay (whatever your next frame number/label here) and then tween a fade from Alpha 100% to 0% for like maybe about 24 frames and on another layer tween your next page from 0% to 100% about 12 frames into your fade tween on the first layer and then put a stop action there. In the example you gave it looks like they are using tweens.
  • forgivenchick
  • Born
  • Born
  • forgivenchick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok but what if i have more then one button? do i have to code it fade out for every button so it will then take you to the next page?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

To answer your question, you aren't actually doing too much with code per se, other than label navigation action script for the buttons.

The way the page you gave as an example is doing it is just fancier version of This tutorial

The tute basically shows you how to do it. The difference is, he's animating the page transition with motion, i.e. move the text into the scene from the top, bottom and sides. For what you want to do, you'll need to extend that and do your tweens changing the Alpha from 0 to 100% and vice versa. In addition to the alpha the example page you posted also has some slight motion during the fade and if you want the same type effect you'll need to add the motion as well as the change in alpha.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just for kicks I did up a quick basic example with the fades and movement like in your example. Just using Tweens and ActionScript for navigation. You'll need to right click the movie and select play to see it.

Here's the FLA if you want to look how it was done.
http://www.alaron-nuclear.com/ozzu/transitions3.fla
  • forgivenchick
  • Born
  • Born
  • forgivenchick

Post 3+ Months Ago

the fla doesn't work and neither does the movie.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

My apologies for that. I had to shut the servers down for the night for a planned power outage at my company while they tested and worked on emergency lighting. It should be back and available again by 8AM ET tomorrow morning. Sorry about the inconvenience. I wasn't told until just before I left and had already posted this.
  • domino1_dp
  • Born
  • Born
  • domino1_dp

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah thats true tween is the best for fade in n fade out process n easy one also.... for different button easier way is to do it on different layer... rest of the info u already have..
  • matt19791
  • Born
  • Born
  • matt19791

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW:

Thank you for the example. Seeing how you did it would be immensely helpful to me, but when I try to open transitions3.fla in Flash 8, I keep getting a message saying, "Unexpected file format." Please help.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry. I made it in CS3. It's not backward compatible. I no longer have Flash 8. You could try downloading a trial of CS4 and you should be able to open it in that to see it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts