file sizes

• mtracerz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtracerz
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, im trying to make a flash animation.

i have hand drawn all the backgrounds, and have the characters as vector.

however, i made the animation, and without thinking the filesize rocket'd up to 61mb.

now i have massively reduced the file sizes of the hand drawn imaged im importing into flash, but the file size is still going to be too big.

How should I go about this, reducing the images, without loosing quality?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• zorrcell
  • zorrcell

Post 3+ Months Ago

listenu can choose between vecotr and bitmap images, vectors r good for keeping their quality and bitmaps r good for size, u can save it compressed File > Save and Compact iwch will help a bit, i once had a flash movie of 3ooo frames and it was 1.2 gigs (took like 5 minues to buffer and run on my *plum* school comp)

edit: forgot to add, bitmaps dont make a total wrek of quality, just save another version and try it out with bitmap files, generaly using bitmaps can cut down the size by a LOT, and increase the fps, just use a combo of vectors and bitmaps, the ones that can be bitmaps (the ones that dont animate like backgrounds) and the vectors could be the ones that shape tween or something

http://aralbalkan.com/759
  • mtracerz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtracerz

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i have about 2200 frames at 20fps, and my file size is at like 60odd mb, however i want it to be a web based flash animation.

i tried making a bit map out of one of the jpg animations, but it really screwed it up.

im not worried about the vectors, they are the characters and things that are animated. Its the .jpg static backgrounds that are taking up file size
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

you could always export the animation out as a quicktime and then turn it into an flv to just handle the playback with flash. (If it really is just an animation and nothing interactive)
  • mtracerz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtracerz

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i was going to have a wee bit of animation at the start, with an opening scene, with a play button, when you roll over the button the background changes, and has a preloader for the movie.

could this still be done and just have it load in the flv? and how big would this file be? i dont want it taking ages to load online.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah you should be able to do something like that. Flv's are pretty small and they stream so even a 20mb flv isn't really a huge deal most of the time.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts