Finished major uni project

• jimbo_w
  • Born
  • Born
  • jimbo_w

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I have just completed work on my major uni project and it might interest some of you. The project is a set of tools that can be used with Flash to retrieve information from Myspace pages. You can even retrieve the information on the page that it is embedded in (if you use the correct HTML), as well as retrieve other Myspace page’s information, such as one’s that are in the ‘Top Friends’ section of your page.

The tools at the moment pull out information for the user stats, details, interests, blogs and top friends (images and url’s). I currently have 2 projects/widgets on the site which can be viewed. One of them is a tracker, showing your top friends, and when you click on one, it will draw a line, and link you to their profile’s top friends, and you are able to see who they are, and whose profile you know them from. I am currently working on a new project with the tools, in effect making a ‘top trumps’ style game for Myspace users to play with, using their top friends as playing cards, and information off of their pages to use as their stats, you are able to collect profiles as well, by playing and winning.

The tools are available to download on the site (they are pretty much a set of libraries), and they also come with a user guide (which is also on the website, under tutorials) which tells you how to get the tools working for yourself, very easy to set up.
The tools are open for you to download use and modify (please be aware of the Create Commons licence however). You can work on these tools with either ActionScript 1 or 2, their integration is talked about in the user guide / tutorials.

There are also some forums on there for questions, or just showing work etc, it would be great to see other people making things with these tools :D

I’ve put a lot of work into this and it has been great to do, hope you can get out of it what I have put into it.

http://www.happyjimbo.com/spaceshift

Jimbo
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post