Flash and background sounds/music

• Tokunbo
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tokunbo
  • Loc: Applications Developer

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

ive been viewing some flash sites, where I usually read up on tutorials etc. My question is on background sounds.......ex: lets assume for a slide presentation and I want to include some very low-volume background music.

If the mp3 file is not a pure instrumental, are there some applications/software I could use to blank out the voice - if its possible, or at least make it an instrumental.

also, please how do you guys work with sound files together with flash.....as in I want an mp3 to play while my flash is playing......i saw some of that stuff on cartoonsolutions.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I haven't done much work with mp3's in flash, but i can tell you about the vocal blanking stuff: Good luck.
I have tried SEVERAL vocal removers, including some professional plugins for sound forge, and NONE of them work worth a crap. They only work when the vocals are in a completely different note range than the music, which almost never happens. The only song I was ever able to completely remove the vocals from was Freak Nasty's "Da Dip". The only reason that worked was because other than the vocals, there was only drums and bass. Even then, it left some pretty nasty (and very audible) artifacting, where it happened to clip out part of the drums as well (think of jpeg compression noise, but with audio)

Your best bet, in my opinion, would be to find a nice midi file of the music you want, then convert it to wav or mp3. If you have a decent sound card with a good midi processor, most people won't be able to tell it was a midi file. The reason for converting it to wav or mp3 is because flash doesn't support midi files. Anyone know why that is?
  • Tokunbo
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tokunbo
  • Loc: Applications Developer

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi Mastermind,

thanks for the note.
ill look around for midi files then
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind