flash and video overlaying

• roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

aight... check this out...
http://www.eventmail.com/~melissa/comps.htm

i'm putting together some trailers to advertise a site and they want video of a woman walking in front of flash

in any case, dragging this in and out of after effects and flash (which is the only way i can think of to do it) is wreaking havoc on the look of the trailer... does anyone have any tips? has anyone done something like this or seen a tut on it?

yeah... well... that's that... i'm gonna keep chugging away and y'all have a good time... help'd be appreciated.

peace out,
puck
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• stinger
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • stinger
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, that was horrible. you probably don't want to do the whole this as a avi/mov file and then just import it into flash because the size will be to large. However, on my DSL connection it takes a few minutes to load the advertisement.

Your second comp looks a lot better. You can still see some of the green on the edges of your video. Is it possible to use a green background instead of the blue "club mom" logo that you have? I'm not sure what you used after effects for, but in premiere you have full control over the green screen effect and how much dither/fade/contrast you can use and amplify before exporting the video.

Looks like your on the right track now, with member trailer comp2. Just a little rough on the edges.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I appreciate you taking the time to respond, Stinger...

I completely understand that it takes a while to load, but I need some kind of alternative... I need to preserve the current level of resolution, but really cut down on the size...

Currently, I'm exporting from AfterEffects as an FLV...

Unfortunately, Flash doesn't preserve video transparency, so I have to do the overlay in After Effects...

In any case, as you can see, it's really huge... "horribl"y huge... ha ha...

So... if anyone's got some tips, please holla back.

Peace out,
puck
  • Xaraz

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI,

I'm currently working on something similar, but because the project isn't finished yet, I can't give any links to it.

But for a flash thats 969x399 that hold 25 seconds of video of a guy talking, the total size is only 1.2Mb.

The way I've done this is film the guy in front of a bluescreen, import that into After Effects. Then chroma key the blue, and put in the background image I need. Export this to Quicktime. I lowered the framerate in this step from 25 to 15. Then use Sorenson Squeeze to make a FLV file of the quicktime. This is where the gain is.

Hope this helps. As soon as the project is done, i'll try to post a link to it.

Greetings.
  • Dred
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dred

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would use Terran's Cleaner to create a mpeg before the flv
Crop the talkin head as much as possible,
experiment with the filters like hue, contrast, gamma, blur etc.
Nothing lower than 15 fps because of lipsync.
i'll bet u can get under 1mb for 30 seconds
(Still havin good quality footage)

Use the filters you'll be amazed :lol:

grtz.
Dred

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts