Flash CS3 - problem with alpha/tween

• bowpete
  • bowpete

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all -- Hoping someone can help me. I have a good basic knowledge of Flash, but just upgraded to CS3, and something that I have never had issue with has become a problem. Wondering if it's a glitch? If there's something I'm not seeing? Here's the problem:

I create text and convert to graphic
I have it come in at 0% alpha and go to 100% alpha
It all looks totally fine in the fla file, then when I export the swf, the alpha settings don't work on it ... it's all 100%. The alpha is working fine on pictures that have been converted to graphics, but not text. Can anyone help with this??

Thank you so much! Laura
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This isn't the first time this has been asked here. Check the next to the last reply in this thread and see if breaking apart the text works for you
flash-forum/alpha-problem-t76597.html

Also have you tried making it a movie tween instead of a graphic tween?
I'm curious if that would work. But bottom line it looks like this could be a glitch with CS3. Works just fine in CS2 just like you describe.
  • bowpete
  • bowpete

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I will try the fixes mentioned there. If it's a CS3 glitch (which it sounds like it is), it seems like it's a pretty major one? Thanks again. LB
  • borker
  • Born
  • Born
  • borker

Post 3+ Months Ago

bowpete wrote:
Hello all -- Hoping someone can help me. I have a good basic knowledge of Flash, but just upgraded to CS3, and something that I have never had issue with has become a problem. Wondering if it's a glitch? If there's something I'm not seeing? Here's the problem:

I create text and convert to graphic
I have it come in at 0% alpha and go to 100% alpha
It all looks totally fine in the fla file, then when I export the swf, the alpha settings don't work on it ... it's all 100%. The alpha is working fine on pictures that have been converted to graphics, but not text. Can anyone help with this??

Thank you so much! Laura

I ran into the same issue where alpha tweening was only working in the timeline preview BUT not in the exported SWF. I was able to solve this by checking the box "Use runtime bitmap caching" under Blend in the properties panel for the MovieClip in question.

For me, it happened when I brought shapes in from Illustrator and when I imported an image. The issue doesn't seem to exist when using the Tween class (programmatically) to animate the alpha.

Hope that helps.
--Jason G

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts