Flash to DVD ?

• s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: NC, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My goal is this. To compile several .mov files into one DVD. I don't mean a data DVD I mean a DVD I can plug into a DVD-player hooked to a TV and see my animations.

Big picture:
I'm trying to create a "screensaver" DVD. One that I can plug into a DVD player and it will loop my "screensaver" on the TV screen infinitely.

I'm doing this for my wedding reception and I want to be able to show some random animations of our logo/monogram (which I've created using Flash and I've compiled into .mov, .swf, and .fla file formats.

Any suggestions where to start?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you don't mind spending some money for it, Adobe Encore DVD will do exactly what you want.

http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/index.html
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks ATNO/TW! A friend has encore, and has offered to let me use his. But, I was hoping to find free/shareware.

ATNO/TW don't shoot me...I'm guilty of double posting sorta.

I asked a different, but related question in the general forum...asking for folks to suggest a free-pc alternative to iMovie (which does exactly what I need but the mac I have is decrepid).

Anyways...on the general forum someone said checkout "DVD Flick" which I am...but the release I'm exploring seems to be buggy...at this point I'm not ruling out user error. We'll see...

Thanks as always ATNO/TW!
  • s15199d
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never did get DVD Flick to enocode a *.mov file. However, I was able to get it to encode *.flv files. I haven't burned it to a writeable DVD yet. That's my next step. But, so far so good.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some things to remember when creating video DVD's

Not all players will read all brands of media and some dvd burners don't produce discs that work in all DVD players. I've found that DVD - R's work best as opposed to the DVD +R's. Also DVD+/-RW will not work in most players nor will the dual layer discs.

Anyway just a heads up to do your research before you make expensive coasters...

By the way when you're doing video work you get what you pay for in regards to software. If its free it will probably come with a lot of headaches.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts