flash dynamic app

• danielbento
  • Born
  • Born
  • danielbento

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'me a newbie in dynamic flash app.

I've already done some research and know the comunication between a db or xml and flash. I've done an experiment by importing data from a xml file to a datagrid and it worked fine.

But my doubts what is the best way of doing what i want. I'll explain:

I have a xml file with personal data, like name, age, status, etc. The first purpose is to retrieve this data into flash, as a simple data list. For this datagird is perfect. But then i need to have a button in front of each name, that when i press it, ir retrives additional data for that name, like a foto, education, nationality, etc. I don't know that for this a datagrid is the best.

What i mean in this is what are the best tools for my needs. If the datagrid or other components. I just need some tips for i start to learn more about his subject.

Thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally i would create all on the fly, no datagrid needed.
All you have to do is to design one single line of the datagrid (background + dynamic text boxes). Then for all the rows that you rea, attach it from the library and fill the textboxes with the read data.
  • danielbento
  • Born
  • Born
  • danielbento

Post 3+ Months Ago

So what you suggest is to have a dynamic textbox. And for each data element, use attachMovie to get the dynamic text box from de library and position in where i want.

I think that is a very good solution for what i want.

Just one thing. Do you advise me to use any kind of component, like dataset or someting else?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can use dataset to retrive the data from outside, then use the data from it to fill the textboxes. Since is already made, you don't have to reinvent it.
Another thing you could do would be to use a datagrid as well, and add separately, from code, buttons to each row. For that you need to know the height of the row in order to evenly distribute vertically the buttons.
Now it's only up to you, which case fits best your needs.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts